Welcome to Publix🙃

Jordan's Pov

As I finished ringing up my last customer of the rush...

"Have a great day! Come back soon!" The customer just grabbed his receipt from my machine and pushed his cart away. I rolled my eyes and looked to my bagger, which happened to be my work bestie and one of the only ones I would trust with my life here, Rae.

She giggled and said, "Now you know them folks don't give a damn."

I giggled with her. "I mean, yeah, but I'm trying to be somewhat cheerful!"

"Like I said.. you KNOW them folks don't give a damn! All they care about is getting they organic bananas and going home. " she rolled her eyes

"What's even the difference between an organic banana and a regular one??"

"Girl I don't know? Maybe they naturally from the earth, like no chemicals and shit.."

"So if I was to pick a banana from a tree as is--"

She closed her eyes and groaned. "Jay, please don't make me think so early in the morning!"

I laughed "Girl it's 11am!"

"And my brain doesn't start working till noon"

We both laughed, but trying to not be so loud because--

"Rae! Can you help Mark bag on 5?!"

Rae groaned and mumbled "Bruh I hate helping that old man! He always be talking about bAcK iN tHe 'OlD dAyS' and he be so slow just to scan they items while he talking. The customers have to look around like is he finna continue--"

"Rae!" I heard Kim again

Rae looked over "Coming!" She walked away mumbling "I'll be back.."

I chuckled and went to the front of my register. Unfortunately, when we don't have customers, we have to go to the end of our registers to greet people as they come to check out. We're kinda dead, so people really go to self check out.

Alyssa was in charge of SCO, and she looked at me. She was also someone I would trust with my life.

I was right next to SCO, so I didn't have to raise my voice or creep over.

"Wassup girlie?" I said to her

"Girl... there's this fine ass man that walked in here."

"Ooo someone for you?"

Her eyes widened and whisper yelled, "He too big for me, he'll break my twig ass!"

I laughed loudly attracting the attention of our team lead, Amy. She's cool honestly.

"What we laughing at??"

I pointed at Alyssa still having chuckles in my system. "There's a fine ass man that would snap ha ass in half"

Amy furrowed her brows "Um context??"

Alyssa said, "There's a man walking around here and he's really cute.. like REALLY cute."

Amy raised her brows "White?"