Chapter Ten

It had been about three months since meeting his parents. Our relationship was better than ever. I feel more and more in love with him everyday. Kyle was gone at work. He started a new job at a Land Rover dealership and worked in the body shop. I wasn't feeling good so I took the day off. I was in the bathroom and opened my drawer. I pulled out a pregnancy test. I haven't had my period for quite some time and I was worried. My body was shaking. I wasn't quite ready to be a mother just yet. Things like this happen when you're having sex with someone.
I pull my pants down and sit on the toilet. Once I finished I held the test up and waited for it to load. If I was I didn't know how I could possibly tell Kyle. I honestly didn't know how he would react. The test was shaking in my trembling hand as I waited for it to tell me if I was pregnant or not. It only took a few more seconds for it to show up. It read Pregnant. My heart sunk and I suddenly felt a heavy weight on my chest. I should feel some sort of relief but I don't. I'm gonna have to tell Kyle at some point and that's not gonna be easy. I don't even remember a time when I would have forgotten to take my pill. If I think back it would have to be...Oh shit it was the night Kyle's parents arrived here to visit. I remember that morning I had to rush to work and forgot my pill before I left. It didn't seem like a big deal at that time but I should've thought about that before I let him come inside me that night. I pulled my pants up and set the test on the counter. I heard a car pull in the driveway and immediately ran out of the bathroom and into my bed. I didn't want him to think I was just faking it. He walked in the house and I could hear his footsteps as he walked down the hallway. He opened the door to the bedroom.
"Hey baby. How you doing?" I smiled and rolled over to kiss him. He pulled his sports coat off and walked through the bathroom to put it in the hamper. He glanced at the counter and looked at the pregnancy test and then up at me. Shit I forgot to hide it.
"Is this yours." I pulled the covers off me and stood up straight.
"Kyle I can explain."
"Destiny I don't care for you to explain. I just want to know if you're pregnant." I nodded my head at him.
"Yes. Yes I am. I'm pregnant." A sudden smile came across his face and he ran over to me and got on his knees in front of me. He lifted up my shirt and kissed my belly.
"Baby in there. Daddy loves you so so much. And wanna know a secret. You're gonna have the best mommy in the world." I smiled at him talking to my stomach. I thought it was cute. He stood back up and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he smothered me in kisses. I didn't expect him to react this way. I know he's gonna be a great dad to me. He all of a sudden put me down and placed his hand on his heart.
"Kyle. What's happening?" I wrapped my arms around him and led him to the bed to sit down.
"I'm fine. I'm just tired." I sat next to him and gave him my glass of water I hadn't drank out of.
"I'm gonna take you to the emergency room. I'm not leaving this unnoticed this time." I ran out of the room and grabbed my phone on the kitchen counter and my purse and ran out to his car and started it. I had left the door open and I ran back inside and helped him out to the car. I sped out of the driveway and rushed to the hospital. I just noticed the little bump I had of the baby growing inside me. Our baby that we made together.
Once we pulled up to the hospital I stopped the car and got him out to have a staff member help him immediately. My heart was breaking to see the one I loved the most in this world be rushed into a hospital in pain. It was absolutely hysterical. I watched as they rolled him into the hospital and into a room. They made me leave him and go wait in the waiting room. During that time, I was pacing around the room in worry. I wanted the doctors to tell me everything would be ok. I also felt upset that all this time, he probably hid all the pain from me because he didn't want me to worry. I thought about him but most importantly our baby. I rested my hands on my stomach and whispered to myself.
"Everything will be ok my darling. Daddy will be ok." I heard a sound coming from the hallway. It had to have been at least two hours since I got separated from Kyle. A doctor walked over to me with his clipboard.
"Are you Miss Maverick?" I nodded as he continued to talk.
"Looking at your boyfriend's X-rays we saw cancer that had spread over a period of time and gotten worse. We can estimate that's it been in his system for over a year but he didn't know it. It's at the point where it's terminal and there is not much more we can do." My heart immediately sunk and I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. The father of my child and my lover was dying.
"How much longer do you think he has?"
"The longest we're gonna predict is six months." Six months wasn't long enough to say goodbye to him. I didn't even know if he would be able to meet our baby.
"Now if you want to go back to see him, he's settled in a room and you can probably take him home tomorrow morning."
Once in his room, his face lightened up at my sight. I walked over to him and pulled up a chair.
"Hey baby."
"Hi." I broke my heart to look at him. The man I loved who I was watching die.
"I'm so sorry about this but I didn't know it soon enough. I thought it was pain from working in the shop and standing all day." I kissed his forehead.
"You can't blame yourself for this. It happens." He shook his head in disbelief.
"But you shouldn't have to go through this."
"You're the one I love and whatever you go through, I go through." He smiled and placed his hand in mine rubbing his thumb on my hand.
"Hey Destiny?" I looked up at him.
"Yes baby?"
"Marry me. You're the only person I want to spend the short time I have left with. I don't want to die not being married to you." Tears started streaking down my face after that question. I grabbed his hand and placed it on my face.
"Yes of course I'll marry you. A thousand times yes." He pulled me into his laps and placed his hands on my ass pulling me closer into him.
"We can't do this here." He rolled his eyes. I knew he didn't care. That's what I loved most about him. He had no ego. He pulled my shirt up and over my head and I pulled up his hospital gown. He had nothing on under it from the X-rays so it was easy to access his dick. I pulled my pants down and in seconds, he was inside me. It felt good to fuck him again. After all the news we went through today, I couldn't take any more of this. He thrusted in and out of me until we heard movement from down the hallway. It was a nurse. I quickly went into the bathroom and got dressed and acted like nothing ever happened between him and I.