Chapter 2 - Secrets Unraveling

Dream was confused, He had been thinking about it all morning but just couldn't get it to click in his mind.

"Is something the matter Dream?" Cross asked from across the table, he had just gotten a pancake from the mountain of them that Horror and Blue were making. "You've been making that face for quite a while now."

"What face?" Dream asked as he turned to face him

"The one like you're to move something by using telepathy," he answered while chewing

"HE'S BEEN MAKING THAT FACE FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS ACTUALLY! EVER SINCE YOU AND INK HAD THAT FIGHT ON WHAT AU's HE'S ALOUD TO MAKE!" Blue cut in, "HORROR I THINK WE HAVE MADE ENOUGH PANCAKES FOR NOW!" He then shut off the stove while Horror looked on with a frown.

"I don't think s-" "It's just that I don't know why Ink makes those types of AU's like Flowerfell, all people do there is suffer and yet he just wants to make more of them instead of like a dancetale, or a Littletale where people are actually happy with their lives!" Dream said quickly, "It's like he doesn't care about the people in the AU's themselves!"

"Well, clearly cares at least somewhat because whenever we attack an AU you guys would always defend it, even if it was a bad one." Dust muttered while looking disguisedly at the pancakes. "Can I just have some ketchup or something? This doesn't really do it for me."

"It wasn't you guys," he said rolling his eyes, "it was mostly Ink who'd actually push for us to defend them, something along the lines of, 'we can't just pick and choose which ones we defend.' Dream quoted, "but here's the part that confuses me! He doesn't try and save the people who are still alive he only fixes the AU! It's like he doesn't care about the people there!"

"Dream, how about we talk about this later?" Cross interveined, "It's too early to talk about this and you need to eat something."

". . .Okay"

Dream picked up his fork and started eating the pancakes while the others talked about random things, but he couldn't stop thinking about Ink and his behavior. 'I feel like ever since the truce he's been distant, I need to have a serious talk with the others about this. It's like he's trying to hide something from us.' He decided that they should have a meeting about it, and maybe get to the bottom of what Ink is hiding. The day was rather uneventful for Dream, he did the usual thing of going around to different universes to spread positivity to the residents. He would then have a meeting with the council for any reports of Nightmare or anything else, no reports from all the sanses. Throughout this whole time, Dream was still thinking trying to remember as much as he could about Ink.

"Oh!" Dream gasped in the middle of the meeting, he had stopped listening a while ago. . and now everyone was looking at him.

"Is something wrong Dream?" Reaper asked with a raised brow.

"Nope nothing at all, please continue" Dream replied embarrassedly, hoping to get people to stop staring. Luckily, it worked and Reaper went on occasionally looking at Dream, who had now sat up straight and placed his hands on his lap. He had an epiphany, he's never felt any strong emotion from Ink, 'what if he's had his emotions suppressed by Nightmare?' I need to talk about this. At the same time Reaper had finished, and the meeting was being concluded by Blue. 'Ink Hadn't shown up for this meeting either, I should apologize to him.'

"DREAM, ANYTHING ELSE TO ADD!?" Blue inquired.

"No, I think everything has been discussed," He answered.

"WELL THAT CONCLUDES THIS MEETING THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR COMING!" Blue exclaimed.

As he entered he texted all the people he lived with, other than Ink, to go to the living room for a discussion. As he and Blue waited, he sorted out his thoughts of what he wanted to say. After some waiting Dust, Cross, Horror, and Killer had all gathered in the living room wondering why Dream had called them here.

"I've gathered you guys here this late to discuss Ink's . . . behavior. He has been acting off ever since he and Error had signed the truce, he's been more distant and his emotions have been off." Dream Announced to the group.

"Yeah, yeah, you said this before now hurry up, I want to sleep." Killer Interjected.

"Okay well, during the meeting with the council, I was thinking. I realized that I hadn't felt any sort of strong emotion from Ink. Ever. What if Nightmare is influencing him? Or has his emotions suppressed like what he did to you, Killer?" The room went dead quiet, as they all thought about it.

"Now that you mention it. . .I Don't think I've ever seen him any emotion other than mad, even after starting to live with you Dream," Cross said dreading what it could mean for them.

"Okay, calm down guys, there's no way that Nightmare has enough power to influence Ink, he's nowhere near Ink, and the universe is more positive than it ever was. Don't you think Nightmare would have tried to do this earlier?" Dust explained, trying to reassure the group. "Maybe we are looking too far into this."

"But what if we aren't?" Dream said anxiously, "You have a good point that Nightmare would've done this already, but maybe he spent all of his energy on controlling Killer?"

"NO!" Shouted Killer, startling everyone, "Ink is stronger than me, there's no way that could be true,"

"Well then what else could make him not feel emotions . . ." Dream questioned, he only knew one other way, but it couldn't be the case. After all, Ink's a sans there's no way

"He could be soulless" Cross pointed out, "I mean, it makes sense now that I think about it, he doesn't help AU's residences like you pointed Dream, he doesn't have strong emotions, and as far I've seen whenever we are in battle I've never seen his soul through his clothes."

"You were looking at people's bodies in fights?" teased Killer.

"I didn't mean it like that!"

"Sure you didn't."

"I didn't!"

"HEY," shouted Dream, "we are getting off-topic, have any of you seen Ink's soul ever?" as Dream questioned the formerly bad sanses on this, Error had overheard as he walked into the living room.

"W-W-What dO YoU-yOu MEa-N Se-En? In-InK DoeSN'T HaVe A-a SoUl. . ."

". . . What?"