Chapter 1 - Abandonment

Nightmare was sitting at the dinner table, laying his head down on it. His, now two tentacles, occasionally lashing out with incredible speed only to fall limp on the ground. He could almost still hear his gang, no, his family, talk and yell about random things that had happened to them throughout the day. 'I wonder if they're doing alright' he wondered, 'do they even think about me anymore?' he looked forward at his food, which had become cold from the hours of it sitting out. 'I bet they don't, they're all much happier now', he slowly lifted his arm to pick up his fork to try and eat and tried to stab the food. After missing a few times, he put down the fork and got up from his chair. It was like he could still them here, there was a plate with food for each of them too, all untouched just as Nightmare's.' It's not like I'll die from not eating, I don't even need to eat. It's not like I'm using any energy, wasting away hoping that someone will come back for me,' he started walking towards his room. 'Besides, I don't them anyway, they were all annoying and stupid and worthless.' A tear dropped from his eye, 'I bet they're all wishing that they could return to my gang and not be... .' he wiped his tears, 'They're so pathetic switching sides in the middle of a war, it's their fault!' He tried to slash something with a tentacle, only for it to flop around and fall motionless, Nightmare groaned in frustration. 'I treated them so well. . . I lov- cared for them so much.' As he started to cry he thought back on what he had done to make them leave. first went cross, they had fought for what must've been for the hundredth time about him hesitating and not killing monsters on their raid. 'If you can't even kill a random monster then why should I keep you here, you're useless to us.'
                'that was it,' Nightmare thought, 'those were the last things I ever said to him... of course he wouldn't come back after that, only an idiot would.' he reached out to open his bedroom door. 'next was dust, If I had known him and Blue talking would eventually have him leave I would've stopped it. . . I knew he liked Blue, Why didn't I tell him to stop? he'd still be here, and maybe they all would.' He opened the door to his bedroom, having to squint his eyes through the tears just to see where he was going. 'If I had just given Horror's AU more food, I could've kept him here too. . . Like there was anything I could've done anyway. we had no more Farmtales at that point, right? I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I-' More tears continued to flow from his eyes, he sniffled. 'Error too, I had cared for him so much, I was always there for him, and the moment he had signed that truce he just left like nothing ever happened.' He laid down in his bed, wishing that he had cherished the times he had with his... family more. 'Killer, I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry,' he hated thinking about him, and what he had done. 'Never again, never again, he didn't deserve it, it wasn't ever your fault.' He closed his eyes, hoping that everything was just a nightmare and that he would wake up with his family all still here.

'I miss all of you so much'

'Please come back...'