You're Gone

Leesu." he says. Minjun's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets."Leesu? Shin Leesu, your English teacher?" she repeats."Yes. She-" he fiddles with his fingers. " She killed him because of me. I-it's all..." Wonwoo started to shake, his voice trembling as he hid his face in his palms. "He died all because of me. He got killed because of m-me...it's my fault-" he sniffs. Minjun grabs his wrist and pulls his hand down but he doesn't look up. "What do you mean Wonwoo? Tell me clearly, please..."He sniffled softly and stared at the floor. Wonwoo takes a deep breath. "It all started when we got a video of her."What video?""A video of her having sex with some man. We blackmailed her that we'd leak her sex tape and asked her for question papers for our exams."Minjun can hear the guilt in his voice as he continues to speak.

"Mingyu always tried to give me his pocket money because of my condition but I didn't accept it. He even suggested asking you to increase my mom's salary but I denied it. Eventually, he made the idea of asking Leesu for money and making it final. "

"So we asked her half a million Won in exchange for her sex tape. We told her we don't need the papers anymore and that it was our last deal."

"And then?" Mnjun asks.

"She gave us the money. She told us to meet by the Han River at night on..... It was raining heavily and we were out in our raincoats. "

"I was scared. I told Mingyu we should return and we shouldn't take the money. But he...." Wonwoo shutters like he's afraid to continue.

"Min.... Mingyu let's go." Wonwoo gulps. "I don't want the money, let's just go."

Mingyu grabs his hand. "No Wonwoo. They deserve this. They deserve this trouble and you deserve the money."

"but-"

"Shh. They're here..."

Both of them hide between the bushes. They see a car pull over at a distance. The bright light from the headlights makes them squint their eyes shut.

The window rolls down and a man throws a bag on the road, rolls the window back again, and drives away.

The boys keep staring at the road until the car leaves.

"They're gone.." Wonwoo whispers.

Wonwoo gulps down a lump and nodes. "You sure there is money in there?" he asks looking at the bag.

Mingyu stands up. "Let's find out," he says but Wonwoo grabs onto his wrist before he can move.

"Don't go," Wonwoo says. "I'm scared. Don't go Mingyu-ah. "

"I'll be back Wonwoo. Shhh it's just there," he said pointing at the road which was a few metres away.

"but-"

"It's okay. I'll bring the bag here. Wait for me."

It was pouring heavy and they were both wet. Wonwoo blinks his eyes, water dripping down his bangs and inside the raincoat.

He didn't want the money anymore. He just wanted to go back, to the hideout and stay with Mingyu there.

He watched Mingyu crouch near the bag. The boy unzips the bag and turns at Wonwoo with big eyes.

Wonwoo gasps a breath in anticipation.

"It's money!" Mingyu smiles. "It's money in here Wonwoo!" he yells and starts zipping the bag.

Wonwoo rubs the water off his eyes, his lips curve into a smile and he gets up, about to head to Mingyu. But he never expected his smile would fade just then and there.