Your Blood

"Chaeyong?" she asks again. "H-he is your son, she asks with a face of betrayal.

"y-yes, but he isn't a mur-"

"You fucking liars!! All this time! All this time you lied to me! You all-"

Then, she looks at Jungkook. "You knew about this? That this woman worked at our house?"

Jungkook inhales a deep breath and nods.

Minjun scoffs and faces the other way like she's done with everyone.

Jungkook grabs her shoulder and makes her face him. "Listen, Minjun. I know you're mad and I understand your feelings. You just need to calm down and let us do your work. Jeon Chaeyong works at your doesn't claim that her son is a murderer,"

"But this fucking cunt lied to me!" she points at Wonwoo. "When I asked him what did his parents do, he told me his mother worked in a factory! He lied to me because he was scared of getting caught!"

***

"Why did you lie to Minjun, Wonwoo?" Jungkook asks him as he clasps his fingers together.

Jungkook looks him straight in the face and doesn't move a bit. He has now understood that the kid is an introvert and to get to his mentality, he needs to become like the kid.

He stayed like that for about ten minutes, both staring at each other with an emotionless faces. The other staff on the other side of the room, who were currently watching them sighed and shook their head.

"I don't think, he'll speak-" one of the staff says to the other.

Minjun grits her teeth, her eyes swollen and she looked pale, her hair looked like she hadn't combed it for months. She gives Chaeyong a death glare who just quietly sat in the corner of the room, staring at her son worriedly.

But all of their attention goes back to the room when Wonwoo decided to speak up.

"Yes I lied to her," he says.

Jungkook sits up in his seat quickly. "Why? Why did you lie to her? Was it because you were ashamed of her? That she works as a maid in your classmate's house?"

"No." he shakes his head and stares at his hands. "It's because I don't want anyone to look down on my mother. I'm tired of people picking on her. I'm not ashamed of her, she works very hard to run our family and I am-" he lifts his head and looks at Jungkook. "I am very proud of her, for who she is," he says.

Chaeyong sniffs as he reaches a handkerchief to her nose, sniffing in the corner makes Minjun disgusted.

But the thing she didn't understand was that Chaeyong was a mother too, just like she was.

Jungkook hums with nods. " Okay, now we will do a lie detector test, okay? Are you ready for it?"

Wonwoo looks at his mother through the glass between the two rooms. She nods at Wonwoo and then at Jungkook. Wonwoo looks at Jungkook and nods.

"Were you friends with Mingyu?"

Wonwoo stares at the ceiling as he analyses the question for a while.

"No," he replies.

"Was the blood on your shoe, really because Mingyu was skinned?"

"Yes."

"Did you steal Mingyu's watch?"

"No."

"Did you try to hide the fact that Chaeyong was their maid for some other reasons?"

"No."

"Were you with him, the day he went missing?"

Wonwoo takes a moment and shuts his eyes.