HEART STAGGERING BEGINNINGS [2]

「 [Second Scenario – Escape]

     Category: Sub
     Difficulty: E
     Clear Conditions: Cross the broken bridge and enter Oksu Station.
     Time Limit: 20 minutes.
     Compensation: 200 coins.
     Failure: ???                                                                                                                」
.
.
.

The protagonist had finally made his appearance.. Good lord is he terrifying.

She immediately took back what she said about preferring him to appear early. The woman was frozen in silence as she watched from the side. [Y/N] saw Kim Dokja almost instinctively look to the side for help, but seemed to realize that would most likely lead to both of their deaths. She kept as quiet as one could when their life was in danger.

"You, who are you?" The man spoke, a dangerous glare piercing daggers into Kim Dokja.

[Y/N] could feel the atmosphere grow tense, and even being in his proximity made her knees feel like giving out. (of fear. out of fear guys.)

Kim Dokja didn't respond, and she realized he was checking the regressor's character summary. She almost face-palmed. Almost. She found it interesting that she couldn't see what it was, despite already knowing what it would say. Another thing [Y/N] noticed was that yes, the protagonist was undeniably beautiful, and looked exactly like a 3D rendition of the novel art. (Here comes the ‘but’,) She hadn't taken the time to look at Kim Dokja's face properly until now and once she finally did, she almost cried from happiness despite everything.

[Y/N] could see his face clearly! The Fourth Wall didn't block the masterpiece that were his features from her. It was most likely because she was an anomaly in that world, but she elected to ignore that fact. In her opinion, Kim Dokja was definitely more good looking than Yoo Jonghyuk. Call her biased, but that man was pure eye candy.

But alas, all good things must come to an end. While she was internally monologuing, Yoo Jonghyuk had grabbed the man by the throat, leaving Kim Dokja dangling over the edge.

"You, how the hell are you alive?"

She jumped at the speed of this man.

Couldn't even give him a second to respond? Damn..

[Y/N] then remembered, that, oh yeah! She was there too. She was no longer a spectator watching everything happen in silence. She stepped closer, hearing her conscious protest from within her. [Y/N] truly didn't want to get near that man, but she couldn't let the person who saved her life just... die like that, now could she?

She put a hand on his wrist and squeezed as hard as she could muster. [Y/N] knew she had lower level strength than he clearly did, but the gap was close enough to hurt him even a little bit. From what she remembered, it was at this point that he had level 14 to 15 strength, and she took full advantage of this. Looking directly at his glowering face, she spoke with confidence.

"I don't think it's necessary to hang him over the edge like that."

He raised an eyebrow, eyes betraying his calm demeanor. Depsite his eyes shining with recognition, he still asked, "Who are you?"

...I am a mature adult..

I am a mature adult.

This is not the time.

She had to resist the urge to introduce herself with a dumb name using every bone in her body. She took a shaky deep breath and responded.

"My name is [L/N] [Y/N], and I would greatly appreciate it if you put him down."