The Rebel Program 4

The Rebel Program 4

"Drew it's your turn," Megan said picking up a card, "What was your most embarrassing moment?"

Embarrassing moments? I've had a lot of those, too many to count. My embarrassing moments consists of pity, they weren't the type were you look back and laugh about it. The embarrassing moments that made people cry and endless nights of sleep were the ones I had.

"Pass," I said, sighing.

"Oh, come on, Drew you haven't answered any of these questions, you have to answer a few," Megan said.

"Did it ever occur to you that I don't want to play this shitty game?" I said and then walking away.

I went outside to the front yard to sit on the curb. Family game day is stupid, no family does that, and I don't even know how Aaron survives this family. It's bullshit, they think that love actually exists, I could prove them wrong in a heartbeat.

"Why?" Ben asked me, sitting down on the curb next to me.

"Because I didn't want to play," I told him, shrugging my shoulders.

The questions of the game were bad enough for me to answer I don't want them to know everything about me. They're going to be like everyone else and start betraying me and I don't need any more people like that. So I simply push them away.

"Okay... well, when you're ready come back inside," Ben said, walking away into the house.

If I went inside that would mean playing stupid family games with them and I don't want to do that. I pulled out a blunt, don't get me wrong I only smoke when I'm really down and that happens a lot. After I lit it, I inhaled deeply. I know, I know, hugs not drugs, but really? Do I look like a give a flying crap about that?

Even if it did cause some effects, who'd really care? Honestly I know my parents would get some half-assed assistant to make the funeral arrangements. My brother and sister would probably have a party and the whole school would attend and ask questions like, "Who's Drew anyway?" Or worse, they'd wouldn't even care to have a party.

Slowly, the toxins in the weed finally affected me. My joints loosened and I could finally think without the crushing pain in my chest. This was a lot easier than cutting myself, going to Luke's grave, or finding a reasonable place to get some alcohol. None of those are really true happiness though. As I came to the end of my bud I sighed and threw it on the ground.

As it got later, the sky got darker and the climate became colder than before. I felt something wrap around me I looked at saw Aaron, he put a blanket around me.

I shrugged it off despite my shivering "Thanks, but I don't want it," I told him.

"You might not want it, but you need it," he said, using his muscular arms to wrap it back around me.

"Fuck off," I said, pushing him causing him to tip over.

"God Drew I was just trying to help," he said, sitting back down next to me.

"I don't want your help," I said.

"Again, Drew; you might not want it, but you need it," He said saying the same thing over again shrugging his shoulders.

"What exactly do you mean, by saying that I need help?" I questioned him.

"Come on Drew you know what I mean," Aaron replied tugging on his young and reckless shirt.

"No I don't know what you mean," I said standing up throwing the blanket on him. "And frankly I don't care either," I said walking away.

"See that, that right there is your problem," he screamed.