The Rebel Program 3

The Rebel Program 3

I woke up and rubbed my eyes opened them it is too bright for my eyes. Where am I? The room was made out of bricks with white paint over it, something you see in jail. Am I in jail? Oh no, no no no this can't be good what will happen to me. Actually this is good my parents don't care about me maybe they'll find out and then they'll start noticing me.

I smiled at the though. It was soon vanished because of the pounding that I felt on my brain. I could feel ringing in my ears and I feel like I need to barf. You know that feeling when its your throat that's has that barf feeling instead of the stomach, that this.

"I see that your finally up," One of the officers said unlocking the door. "We discussed what we were going to do to you so let's get you to the chief," he said making me follow him.

We stopped at a door and he unlocked my hand cuffs. Okay... what happened last night? I don't remember anything, but it had to be bad if I was in jail.

I sat down in a chair that was facing a man who was around the age of forty or fifty. "Okay, Drew, do you know why you're here, don't you remember anything that happened yesterday?" he asked me.

I shook my head. "Well you were drinking underage and you were caught vandalizing, we're going to have you take a drug test and then we'll see what needs to be done," He said handing me a cup.

I walked out of the room and the other cop saw my cup and took me to the bathroom. I peed and then went back to the chief, I gave him the cup and we waited five minutes.

"You failed, you have smoked marijuana and you have something else in your system. Did you think that you were going to pass?" he asked me.

"No," I answered, I did smoke but I wasn't addicted or anything but I still did it.

"Ok, well there's this program called 'The Rebel Program' and you're going to be put in it. You will live with new parents for three months you will follow their rules and obey them. If they report you, then you will have vandalism, drug use, and drinking underage all on your record. If you stay in the program for three months successfully then you won't have anything on your record since this is your first time going to jail. By the next three months you have to pass the drug test if you don't then you will be in the program for another month," he said informing me.

"Ok?" I said but it sounded more like a question I didn't really know how to respond to that.

"Well, I'm going to tell your new parents to come and get you, and then I'll see you in three months," he said, picking up his walkie talkie to order another officer to call them over.

I heard the door open, I turned my head and saw Mr. Taylor and his fiancé Megan. "Ben and Megan this is Drew, she was found drinking underage, vandalizing, and she failed the drug test. When she comes back she needs to pass the drug test and you guys will report her if she is disobeying you," chief said, giving them a stare down.

"Ok sounds good," Megan said smiling.

"Uhh, that's all you need to know so I'll see you guys in three months, hopefully not sooner," he said the last part looking at me.

I stood up and followed Mr. Taylor to his car, and sat in the back. "So Drew what do you like to do for fun? Any hobbies? What are your friends like?" Megan asked trying to make a conversation.

I sighed in response and her smile fell as she realized that this conversation was going nowhere. "Where do you live so I can talk to your parents and that way you can get your clothes?" Mr. Taylor questioned.

"5th street down Water Vasta," I said.

It took us thirty minutes to get there and once I did I got out. and ran to my room when I saw Megan and Mr. Taylor get out and go inside. I walked slightly where they couldn't see me. I know eavesdropping is wrong, but I can't help it I'm curious.

"Hi, I'm Ben Taylor this is my fiancé Megan," Mr. Taylor said, introducing himself.

"Oh right your Aaron's older brother, um Aaron isn't here right now," My mom said.

"Actually I'm here to talk about Drew," he said.

"Who?" My mom asked. Wow that's when you wonder if I even mean anything to them.

"Your daughter?" Mr. Taylor asked in confusion.

I didn't want here the rest if the conversation, I can already tell that I'm not going to like it. I went to my room slowly and started packing everything in my back and stuffing things in my backpack. When I was done packing, I had a total of three bags and backpack. I slugged them on and when into the kitchen.

Everyone suddenly stared at me except my parents, I went to the cabinet and grabbed some aspirin for my banging head ache. I took two and looked at Mr. Taylor and Megan. "I'm ready," I said, walking to their car and putting my suitcases in the back.

As we drove Mr. Taylor said, "Your parents seem-" he was about to say something, but I cut him off.

"Doesn't matter," I snapped at him, crossing my arms.

I leaned my head against the window and looked out. I saw the average two modern story house that I was once in before. I got out and grabbed everything.

"Here let me help you," Megan offered.

"I got it," I said, walking in behind Mr. Taylor.

"Well your room is the first right hallway on the right, Aaron's room is right next to yours. Make yourself comfy, use the closet and dresser," he said.

I went upstairs and saw my room was a light cream color. I had a separate bathroom, just like home. I started unpacking and putting my clothes in the dresser and putting everything else in the bathroom.

There was a knock on my door, I opened it and saw Aaron. He had a shock look on his face. "What did you get yourself into?" he asked me, stepping in my room.