Chapter 14

Sirius was extremely grateful for a lot of things, especially since he started Hogwarts. As he sat in his bed that night unable to sleep, he had his journal in front of him. The first one that he had ever gotten was from his parents and that was one thing that he was grateful for that they have given to him.

The second one he ever gotten was from Regulus, it had an undetectable extension charm so that the pages would never end. The one he had gotten Regulus also had one.

~Start of journal entry~

There have been a lot of things since I was a child that made me apprehensive and fight against my parents. Before Regulus was born and everything, I believed everything my parents said. It wasn't like there was stuff written in books for me to read that said otherwise, all the books in the library in the house of black were ones written by purebloods or squibs that came of pureblood lineage. One afternoon though, after my lessons finished, this was a couple of years I started at Hogwarts of course I went out into London. Surprisingly enough I never left the house before then. I explored London. Found a park and had an interaction with two muggle boys and one of their parents. Since then, I couldn't lie my view started changing. I started escaping to muggle London a lot more, after making sure that I wouldn't get caught of course.

I found tons of books at the local library. I read and I read. To say that I was completely awed at what the muggles were capable of writing and making I was encouraged to stand up for them a little bit. I started to rebel a lot more. Of course, I also got into more trouble than I normally did as well so there was that. That didn't deter me though.

After I got to Platform 9 and 3/4's I said goodbye to my baby brother and gotten on. And I met a boy called James Potter. As soon as I met him, I knew that he was going to be a good friend, if I got into the same house as him.

That was another big fear I had on the trip to Hogwarts and till the point where I got sorted. My family wanted me in Slytherin, and I wanted anything but that. And thankfully I got what I wanted. But I had the fear of what my parents were going to say, what they were going to do to Regulus, that I got sorted into Gryffindor.

As I got sorted into Gryffindor and I became friends with the people I wanted to become friends with not who my parents wanted. As I did become friends with those people, I also became friends with those my parents would not condone. Muggleborns or mudbloods according to my parents. I always defied my parents before I came to Hogwarts, but after coming here and seeing the things they said they things that they believed in it all became a lot more personal for me. I know Reggie saw this. He mentioned once to me that I had a fire in my eyes that burned even brighter once I got sorted into Gryffindor.

I wanted to protect him for as long as I could with him being my baby brother and all, but I knew that it would have gotten significantly harder now as I wasn't at home as much and that I was now a Gryffindor.

However, that all changed, the first day of my second year, it was regulus' first day of his first year. I desperately wanted him to be in Gryffindor so I could protect him and have him by my side, but I knew that as much as I wanted that it most likely won't be a chance. But when he was sorted into the same house as me, I couldn't me happier.

In the first couple of days, after on of the full moons, when Remus was in the Hospital wing, Regulus came to me. A worried look on his face. A letter from mother and father it seemed. I had gotten on similar to that the year prior, but the one that Regulus got was significantly hasher than mine, although he didn't get it, but I did. As soon as he started to speak in French I knew.

We often spoke in French to each other, to know that we always reassure the other that we were going to always be by their side. Being of French descent we were required to learn it, among some other languages. On the topic of Languages, I have to say that James is also multilingual. My friends, my brother and I found the summer of second year. James' father is Hindi, whereas his mother is Telugu, so he grew up speak both of those languages alongside English as well. We obviously knew that James was Indian but we didn't know that he could speak, those languages so fluently or at all, just like they knew didn't know about me speaking French.

~End of Journal entry~