A Token of my Love - Pedro Pascal

"Corazón, I have a surprise for you", Y/N sing sang through the house so her baby could see what she had gotten him. In a matter of seconds, Pedro waddled out of the nursery only to gasp at the big cardboard box in the middle of the living room.

"Wha's dis, Mami?", Pedro asked softly as he slowly approached the box.

"Well, I was at the toy store today looking for something fun to get my baby since he has been such a good boy, staying still during his changes and cleaning up after himself whenever he plays. But I couldn't decide what to get you, so a nice lady at the store suggested I get us something to do together", Y/N explained as she went to open the box with some scissors.

She quickly stored the sharp tool away before moving the tabs of the box to the sides to let her baby see inside. That's when Pedro gasped again before starting to reach for the different costumes inside the mystery box.

"Dis fow playin' firefighder!", Pedro exclaimed happily as he analyzed the contents of the first bag. The firefighter costume came with a plastic helmet, plastic axe, and a flashlight, aside from a red firefighter romper.

"Yes, mi corazón, that is to play firefighter. But check the box again, there's more", Y/N explained to her baby as he gently placed the costume to his side before getting out the next one.

"Mami, 'tis so cool", Pedro said happily as he tried to open the bag with the police officer's costume. Just like the firefighter one, it came with accessories. It had a badge, a really nice pair of pretend handcuffs, a whistle, and a pair of sunglasses. Pedro was really struggling to open the package, so Y/N decided to help him out.

"Alright corazón, let me help you", Y/N told Pedro softly before taking the package from his hands and opening it easily. She handed the accessories to Pedro as he just put all of them on. He started to blow the whistle loudly, which startled Y/N a bit. "Okay baby, it works. Could you please not blow it so hard though? Preferably outside the house", Y/N pleaded in a loud voice, trying to be heard by her baby over the loud whistle. She was covering her ears, and that's when Pedro realized why she was talking to him through screams.

"Sowwy Mami", Pedro said sheepishly, before leaving the whistle to the side and dropping his head down guiltily.

"It's alright, babylove. Just don't blow it too hard, okay? There are a few other things inside for you", Y/N encouraged her baby to go back to his previous activity. He easily moved on from the police costume to get more things out of the box.

Pedro got out a prince costume, a race car driver romper, a Darth Vader costume as well as the Mandalorian one. The last two came both with helmets and their respective lightsabers. Y/N thought the two would be a fun little thing to tease Pedro with, but he seemed genuine excited about them.

Right at the bottom of the box, there was a package with a colored wrapping, not allowing anyone to see its contents. Pedro grabbed it carefully before shaking and offering it to his Mama.

"Wha's inside, Mami?", Pedro asked cutely as Y/N just chuckled before moving closer to Pedro and making him move to sit over her lap.

"This, mi corazón, is something I've been meaning to get you for a while now. I am truly happy that you are my baby boy, mi bebé hermoso (my handsome baby), so I wanted to give you something to show you how much I do enjoy taking care of you. Like any little boy or girl, you need a bed and nap time buddy to be with you always, especially when I'm not around"

"Bu' you no leavin' me, wight Mami?", Pedro quickly turned around on Y/N's lap to ask her a very important question. Seeing the panic on his face made Y/N immediately cup his face before rubbing his cheeks soothingly with her thumbs.

"Of course I'm not leaving you, babylove. I could never leave you, but there will be times when we won't be together, and that's where this gift comes in handy. So, why don't you open it? I hope you like it", Y/N reassured her baby before encouraging him to open the package before them. Pedro carefully opened it and revealed a stuffed T-Rex as well as a dinosaur themed blanket.

 Pedro carefully opened it and revealed a stuffed T-Rex as well as a dinosaur themed blanket

One of Little Pedro's favorite things is dinosaurs

One of Little Pedro's favorite things is dinosaurs. Y/N caught on to this little detail very early on their caregiver/little relationship, and she absolutely loved hearing him ramble about them. During meals, bathtime, before bed and on car rides, Pedro was just fascinated by the prehistoric animals, and Y/N was more than happy to feed into that obsession.

"T'ank yous, Mami. I luv it", Pedro told Y/N completely ecstatic about his brand new plushie and blankie. Y/N hugged her baby tightly before leaving many kisses on the side of his face, making him giggle cutely at the ticklish sensation.

"You're very welcome, mi corazón. What are you going to name them?", Y/N asked as Pedro hummed in thought before settling for a name.

"Tylew da T-Wex. Woaaaaaaar!!!", Pedro shared with his Mama before making his new stuffie roar loudly and playfully bite down Y/N's arm. This caused for her to chuckle at her baby's antics and play along his little game.

"Oh no, Tyler got me. Aaaaaahhhhh!!!", Y/N pretended to be scared before falling to the floor, bringing her baby down with her. "Oh no, he got you too!", Y/N continued with the game as she grabbed Tyler out of Pedro's grasp and started making munching noises as she moved the dinosaur all over his body while also tickling him.

Both of them fell into a fit of laughter, completely enjoying the sweet moment they were having before going back to the costumes they have discarded previously. The rest of the evening was spent with Pedro showcasing all his new outfits, making out a scene with every single one of them. His Mama was absolutely happy watching her baby in all his little glory, admiring him with a proud smile and feeling like the luckiest caregiver in the universe.

Word Count: 1062 words

°°°

A/N

Hi everyone! How are you liking the book so far? I would really like to read your opinions.

See you later,

- Rex