Chapter Four: Beckett Oliver

-FlashBack-

I giggled as Jade whispered in my ear. "You know, you're pretty sexy when you're nervous." I blushed as she wrapped an arm around my waist.

I pulled back. "Jade, are you sure you're ready for everybody to know about us?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't have a problem with it, but I didn't want her to rush into anything with me... even if I did want to rush into things with her. We had only been dating a few days, and hadn't really gotten around to the public part of our relationship.

"Why would I have a problem with it?" Jade asked in a sultry voice. I bit down on the bottom of my lip, trying not to reveal how much she was turning me on. She pulled back and looked deeply into my eyes. I stuttered. Her deep blue eyes stared into mine, I felt like she was looking into my soul.

"I—no," I managed to say.

"Good," she replied. She pulled me in and her lips crushed against mine. A dark bolt of electricity traveled down my spine as my hands curled around her neck. I could feel her hand travel towards my ass and I didn't dare stop her. I didn't care if we were in the middle of the hallway. I didn't care that everybody was staring at us. All that mattered was Jade and I.

"You and Tori?" I heard a ballistic voice yell. I pulled away from Jade instantly after hearing my name. It was Beck. He was standing, dead center, staring at us with his mouth agape. I nervously stepped away from Jade, now hyper aware of all the stares we were getting.

"Yeah," Jade said. She took my hand in hers; reassuring me that everything was okay. "Got a problem with it?"

"I do," responded Beck instantly. I looked down at the floor. Yeah, he had dumped Jade, she wasn't his anymore, but I couldn't help but feel guilt envelop me. "Is that why you did all that shit? Is that why we fought so much?"

"Please," Jade scoffed. "We fought because we fell out of love with each other. Tori was never the reason."

"Really? I think your lying. I never fell out of love with you," said Beck.

"You think I'm lying?" Jade laughed. "You never fell out of love with me?" She mocked. "If that were true you would've opened the fucking door the day we broke up."

"And what? Get yelled at again?" Beck countered.

"You had your chance Beck. Now if you regret it I'm sorry but I've moved on, and if you're not okay with it, then keep it to yourself and fuck off!" She squeezed my hand and started dragging me off.

"You know what? Whatever! I'm better off without you...dyke," called out Beck. He was obviously hesitant to say dyke. Jade turned around slowly, viciously. Even I was scared. I could see from the way he was staring at the floor he was completely uncomfortable with what he had just said.

Slowly Jade walked up to Beck, I watched as she pulled out her scissors from her combat boots. "What. Did. You. Just. Call. Me?" she challenged

Beck looked up and met her fearsome gaze straight on. "You fucking dyke," he spat in her face. In one swift moment she jabbed her scissors into his arm and stalked away. As she grabbed my hand I didn't dare look back. I knew what had happened without needing to watch.

—End Flashback—

"You asshole," I yelled, sprinting towards him.

"Woah! Back off killer," said Beck, hands up in surrender. Startled awake, Cat and Robbie jumped out of their seats to restrain me.

"What the hell do you think your doing here?" I hissed.

Beck ran a nervous hand through his overly poufy hair. "I...I heard what happened to Jade. I know her and I were on... rocky terms-" I interrupted him with a snort.

"Rocky terms? You two weren't even speaking for the last five months!" I snarled. "How dare you show up now?"

"Look... Tori... can you give me a chance to explain it?"

"You had five months to explain," I glared at him.

"I couldn't explain five months ago," said Beck earnestly. "I didn't have an explanation until yesterday."

"Tori... maybe you should let him explain," said Robbie. I shot daggers at the curly-haired ventriloquist. He instinctively took a step away from me.

I fidgeted out of Cat's grip. "You have one minute."

"Look, Jade and I were dating for almost four years," started Beck.

"I'm aware," I said, pointedly avoiding his gaze.

"She was my first love, the first person I ever slept with, and she was... my universe revolved around her," said Beck. "So when we broke up I felt so lost. I didn't know what I wanted. I thought maybe I liked you, but you turned me down. I... nobody could compare to Jade and I wanted her back. When I finally worked up the nerve, she was with you. I just... it hurt. She picked you over me. I had thought I was disgusted with her for being... bi... but I was really just disgusted with myself."

"Why? Because you fell in love with someone who was bi-sexual?" I questioned.

"No, because I let our relationship crumble. I let her down. I couldn't deal with myself after that. And seeing her just made my guilt worse. I knew she was happy, but I was selfish, I wanted her to be happy with me. It hurt too much to be near you guys. When she got in the car accident I cried for an hour when I heard about it. I realized it would hurt more to not come than it would to come. I just want to be there for her this time. I want to make amends." I watched Beck, his face filled with sincerity. I reminded myself that Beck is a talented actor. But I knew that what he was saying, all of it was completely genuine.

It was minutes before I replied, but eventually I did. "You can stay." I said quietly. He gave me an appreciative nod as he sat down in a chair. I proceeded back to my spot near Jade's bed. We sat in silence for who knew how long. It was awkward, but at the same time comfortable. I know that makes no sense, but that's just how it was. Cat and Robbie eventually nodded off again, but Beck continued to power through. Drinking almost two coffees' an hour, he stayed awake the whole time. I didn't really like him, and I wasn't anywhere near forgiving him for what he did to Jade, but inwardly I smiled knowing he truly cared about her.