Chapter One: Crash

Jade West

Two familiar hands covered my eyes as the assailant asked, "Guess who?" She doesn't even bother disguising her voice. Normally I'd hit anybody doing this to me, but she was different. I couldn't imagine hurting her.

"Mmmmm..." I pondered. "Somebody incredibly sexy?" The hands moved away from my eyes and to my neck.

"Good answer," she whispered. She kissed me on the cheek and took a seat down next to me.

"I love the idea of two girls together any time of the day, but if that's all your gonna do, don't tease a guy," chimed in Rex. I started to roll my eyes, but a better idea came to mind. I pulled Tori towards me and pressed my lips against hers. I felt her arms wrap around my neck as mine tightened their hold on her waist. Our tongues battled for dominance, but of course, I won. I loved that she constantly tasted like vanilla. It was only after I started feeling light-headed did I pull away from Tori.

"Good?" I challenged Rex.

"Mmmmm-hmmmm," he replied with a shake of his head. I licked my lips, savoring the vanilla flavor.

"Are you saying you only use our relationship to get back at Rex?" Tori asked mockingly.

"Never," I replied. I placed another chaste kiss on her lips before really pulling away from her and continuing on with my lunch. Underneath the table, Tori and I still played footsie the whole time.

"Aww! You two are so cute," said Cat giddily.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Asked Tori playfully.

"Tonight?" I asked, feinting genuine amnesia.

A crest-fallen look appeared on Tori's face. "It's our six-month anniversary." She looked down at her chicken wings awkwardly, afraid I'd actually forgotten our anniversary.

I smiled. "Oh that," I said teasingly. "Damn, I'm going to have to cancel that other date I had with this girl I hooked up with at an under eighteen bar."

A look of realization washed over her face. "You gank!" Tori yelled, lightly elbowing me in the stomach.

I laughed. "I can't believe you'd think I'd forget our anniversary!" She laughed nervously. I knew she felt guilty for thinking I'd forget. "I could never forget you," I whispered in her ear. A light blush flushed her cheeks as she giggled.

"My brother was accused of killing a guy. He went to federal prison. But it turns out, it was his best friend," said Cat randomly. She did her signature Cat-giggle as if it were the funniest thing in the world. I barely noticed the weirdness of Cat's brother, because well she was telling me Tori had been holding my hand the whole time.

Tori Vega

Everything was set up just how I wanted it to be, but still it lacked the perfection I had planned. Tonight was our six-month anniversary and I had insisted on planning it. We had a reservation at Nozu, the place where we had our first ever date. I'd rented out the whole place so it'd be completely private. I was going to take her to the Hollywood Sign, a place that she'd never been able to visit before, and then we'd come back to my place where and make magic.

Jade was just so utterly perfect. Every time she pouted her lips, or yelled at a guy, or teased me I went weak in the knees. The first time I saw her I was pretty much ready to have sex with her right then and there. Nobody could match up to Jade. I loved her with every fiber of my being. I couldn't imagine living without her.

I threw rose petals all over my bed, I knew Jade would tease me for being so cliché later, but that didn't really matter to me. I let out a sigh in relief when I was done. I hope everything goes perfect.

Jade West

I couldn't wait to see Tori today. I know it's lame and cliché, but I really think I've found my soul mate. I'm going to tell her I love her tonight. She's just so... amazing. She cares about me more than almost anybody else has. She makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, the world isn't such a bad place after all. She's the better half of me. Damn, she's even turned me into a romance loving sap. I chuckled. For some reason, I didn't really care as long as Tori was the one messing me up.

So involved in my own thoughts I barely noticed the car, swerving out of control, coming in through the intersection. All I cared about was getting to Tori, and if that meant running a few lights, so be it. As I drove through the intersection, only at the last moment did I notice the car. Before I could do a thing about it, I had blacked out.

Tori Vega

I stared down at my watch. She was half an hour late. She couldn't possibly have been telling the truth about the girl at the bar, could she? Oh my god, she doesn't even love me, I'm not even worth it! She doesn't even bother to show up! I flung myself onto my bed, tears blurring my eyesight. I heard my cell phone ring and jumped up to get it. Maybe it was Jade! Maybe she was calling to apologize for being s extremely late! I didn't even bother looking at the caller ID when I picked up. "Is this Victoria Vega?" asked a calm voice I'd never heard before.

"Yeah," I responded, instantly disappointed that it wasn't Jade. I could feel the tears well back in my eyes. Jade didn't call.

"Your girlfriend, Jade West, was in a car crash."