-TWENTY-TWO

note: the return (s2e1) happened in january 26 and not february 26

"merlin, harry doesn't kiss me like that anymore"

Eden and Harry stood against the wall of the gymnasium, watching the students with similar looks of disbelief.

"Did we ever dance like that?" Harry asked with wide eyes.

Eden shook her head. "Minnie would've killed us."

Harry smiled softly. "I forgot you call her that."

"'Course," Eden nodded. "It was Sirius' name for her."

A fond look crossed Harry's eyes. "Are you ready for next week?" He asked her softly. "George said he's perfectly content coming to you."

Eden sighed heavily, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I don't know," she answered truthfully. "I can't believe it's been a year since Fred."

Harry nodded. "Teddy's birthday's coming up," he informed her softly. "Baby'll be born, but if you're interested."

"Of course," Eden nodded. Elena, Jeremy, Damon, and Stefan entered the gym and Eden moved her head from his shoulder, leaning her head back against the wall. "I thought things would be easier here."

"What," Harry grinned. "Don't tell me you miss Voldemort?"

Eden laughed. "No," she shook her head ."Just...I miss you. And Hermione and Ron. Draco. These people aren't like us."

"These people?" Harry asked in amusement.

"You know what I mean," Eden countered. "They're just...disloyal."

"No one's like you, bon," Harry glanced at her. "You're a badger in a lion's mane."

"That's strangely poetic," Eden smiled up at him. "Ten points to Gryffindor."

Harry laughed, but neither of them could say anything else before a student grabbed the microphone.

"This song's for Elena," she spoke clearly. "From Klaus."

"Oh, he's far more dramatic than Riddle," Harry commented. "Do you think he'd have dedicated a song to me?"

"He probably didn't like music," Eden grinned.

Alaric walked up to the pair with a soft smile. "So, you're Harry Potter, huh?" He asked, looking Harry over. "Nice meeting you. I've heard a lot about you."

"Who from?" Eden countered with a frown.

Alaric's eyes met hers. "Around," he shrugged.

Suspicion flooded Eden at his words. She'd hardly spoken of Harry to Alaric directly, nothing more than a few off-handed comments.