Chapter 3 The Scarlet Ore

The boy was jumping around and celebrating as if his first child was born.

This provided Sasori with an opportunity to examine himself. he was wearing his Akatsuki cloak, and he was also in his puppet form, still having his weapons that were in his puppet body. However, the scroll containing his puppets was empty.

"Oi, kid," Sasori called out to the boy. He stopped celebrating and looked at Sasori with confidence on his face.

"Where are we?" Sasori asked the boy, who looked confused at that question. A sudden realization crossed his face. "It's the last day of the final selection," the boy said, thinking Sasori was questioning him about the day.

"And where is this final selection?" Sasori asked. The boy looked at Sasori like he was an idiot. "In Mount Fujikasane," the boy said. "In fact, I have questions myself. Who are you, and how did you control my body? Is it some sort of breathing style?" The boy said as he covered himself with his hands, as if Sasori was some sort of pervert.

"I'll only answer if you also give me your name," Sasori said. "My name is Zenitsu Agatsuma," the boy, now known as Zenitsu, replied.

Sasori, unfamiliar with the concept of a breathing style, decided to play along to build trust. "My name is Sasori, and yes, that technique was a Breathing style," he replied.

"Okay, Sasori, we should head back to the entrance we came from so we can leave." Zenitsu Said, setting off in a particular direction. Sasori followed Zenitsu.

Recognizing that bombarding the boy with more questions would only raise suspicion, Sasori chose to observe and follow for the time being. Zenitsu seemed to have a sense of direction, and Sasori decided to trust his lead.

-After a couple of minutes-

As they walked for just a short time, a ray of sunlight began to filter through the surroundings, signaling a potential exit or entrance to their current location.

Zenitsu and Sasori were embraced by the light of the sun. "Congratulations, you have survived the Final Selection," two voices, mirroring each other, echoed. Zenitsu dropped to the floor and started to cry, "I'M ALIVE!" he screamed, continuing to cry.

Sasori surveyed the scene, discovering only three other figures present, all of them female. Among them were twins, presumably the voices that had offered congratulations. One had black hair, while the other had white hair. The third person seemed entirely engrossed in their own thoughts, showing no reaction to Zenitsu's emotional outburst. Sasori observed the twins, noticing their complete indifference to Zenitsu's cries, as if they had encountered such reactions countless times before.

Looking back, Sasori could understand why Zenitsu was crying. What lurked in that forest was unnatural. The air carried the heavy scent of lingering fear, and the sunlight, once comforting, now seemed to cast shadows on the truth of the Final Selection.

As the voices echoed in Sasori's mind, congratulating them on surviving, he couldn't shake the feeling that their ordeal had only just begun. The forest had unveiled its unnatural mysteries, and Sasori couldn't help but wonder what role these individuals, brought together by survival, would play in the unfolding narrative of this unfamiliar place.

As time passedtwo others came out of the forest: one with Hanafuda earrings and a boy with a buzz cut who looked like his face is permanently stuck in an angry expression.

"Welcome back. Congratulations, we're pleased to see that you're safe," the twins said in unison.

"So? What am I supposed to do now?.. Where's my sword?" The boy with the buzz cut demanded.