Chapter 2 An Informative And Useful Crybaby

Hajime seized the boy's arm, Not expecting to grapple with him. However, to her surprise, the touch wasn't the expected flesh instead, it felt like pliable clay. At that moment, a blade abruptly pierced through her neck, prompting Hajime to desperately try to remove it. Despite her strength, she found herself locked in a struggle.

The demon, sinister and composed, spoke, "My blade is coated in poison. Even if you manage to endure this neck wound, your time is limited. There's only one living soul with the power to heal you, and even they may not be able to do so in time." Hajime halted, meeting the demon's gaze as she drew her last breath. In that final moment, only one thought echoed in her mind: 'I'm sorry, Mitsuri-chan.'

Sasori stood up, pulling his blade from the girl's neck and letting her drop to the ground. Glancing around, he found himself in a forest surrounded by purple trees. Sasori wasn't sure about what the trees were but didn't dwell on it. He looked back at the girl and noticed a sword at her waist. Taking the sword, he unsheathed it.

As a master craftsman, Sasori possessed a keen eye for quality, and this sword was no exception. Crafted from high-quality metal, he pondered, 'I can melt this down to forge a new puppet or enhance a puppet's defenses.' Securing the sword at his waist, Sasori embarked on an exploration of the unfamiliar surroundings.

"Sasori walked for a couple of minutes until he heard crying. Looking around, his eyes landed on a tree. "Who's up there?" he called out. A yelp followed, and a yellow-haired boy stuck his head out. "Are you a demon?" the boy asked. Sasori, unsure of the boy's intent, answered, "No?" While some had labeled him a demon before, in Sasori's view, a demon could never match the perfection of his puppet body.

"THANK WHATEVER GOD IS LOOKING DOWN ON ME," the boy said, coming down the tree and rushing toward Sasori. He attempted to grab Sasori. "PLEASE PROTECT ME! I KEEP HEARING BRANCHES BREAKING!" the boy pleaded. Sasori, dodging the boy, wasn't sure what to make of him.

Sasori intended to ask more questions when a dark shadow lunged at the boy. Reacting swiftly, Sasori blocked the shadow's attack. Now, this boy seemed crucial for Sasori to extract answers. The shadow retreated, allowing Sasori to see its form—a humanoid creature standing at an imposing height. Its sinewy, skeletal frame exuded an eerie aura, and a blackened, tattered cloak billowed like shadows. A grotesque bone mask adorned its face, with sharp protrusions resembling twisted horns. "ITS A DEMON!" The boy screamed

The demon didn't move or make a sound as it continued to look at Sasori. After a couple of seconds, the creature thrust its arm at Sasori and the boy, shooting a white-colored spike at them. Sasori proceeded to duck and perform a leg sweep on the boy, successfully dodging the attack. The white spike hit a tree. As Sasori took a closer look at the spike, he realized it was made out of bones.

'I remember Kabuto telling me about a clan called the Kaguya Clan that had a Kekkei Genkai to manipulate bones. However, according to Kabuto, the Kaguya Clan should be extinct. Could he be one of the few living members of the Kaguya clan?' Sasori pondered, recognizing the potential use of the demon as a puppet since Sasori didn't have any of his previous puppets.

Observing the creature, it seemed to be in pain. The demon pulled the bone spike from the tree, relieving it of its suffering. 'Could that tree be weakening him?' Sasori wondered as he rushed toward it.

Sasori attempted to behead the demon swiftly, aiming to kill it without causing any serious damage to the potential puppet. However, Sasori's plans to dispatch the demon quickly were thwarted as bones emerged from the demon's neck, forming a protective cage around its head. The bones successfully shielded it from Sasori's attack. Realizing his plans had been foiled, Sasori proceeded to kick the demon into another tree.