It's Okay To Not Be Okay

Will POV

It was a free day at the infirmary, which by itself was really weird. I was used to always having a full house. I know it's good that there's no one in here, that means no one's getting hurt, but I still felt really weird. I was used to having an inundated infirmary with all of the cots filled with hurt demigods.

That sounds so cruel.

But I'm a healer, that's what I do. I fix people. What do I do if there's no one to fix?

"Come on Will, just relax for a minute," my sister, Kayla, said to me. "You're just still a little jittery after the war. It's been months, though, you need to start relaxing again."

"I know Kayla," I sighed. "It's just hard to not think like I need to run into the field and do emergency evacuations and fix them up!"

"Yeah, I get it," she told me, with a soft smile, before waving goodbye and leaving the room. I was all alone again.

I thought about going to see Nico, but I wanted to be alone right now so I decided against it. I sat down on one of the cots and tried to just collect my thoughts, when the door to the infirmary opened.

"Heyyy Will!" a familiar voice called out. I rolled my eyes and saw Percy Jackson standing in the doorway, holding his arm.

"As much as I love having patients, I hate having the same patient over and over again!"

"Sorry!" he grinned sheepishly, not looking very sorry at all.

I gestured for him to take a seat after I jumped off the bed.

"What's the issue this time?" I asked him, taking his arm.

"Same thing, Will. I think I sprained my wrist again."

"Seriously Percy?" I said, sounding shocked. "I literally fixed this earlier this month. And two months ago as well. And probably a few times before that. You spraining it this many times is not normal."

He just shrugged, and I rolled my eyes at his nonchalant behavior.

"I was training this kid and he wanted to race me up the lava wall, but then he fell and I caught him, but I landed on my arm weirdly."

"Has anyone told you you're too selfless for your own good?"

"Yeah, I've heard that before," he said, grinning. "But can you fix it?"

"Percy, yeah I can fix it, but your wrist is just going to permanently be a little weak. Spraining and fracturing the same area over and over again is going to leave some level of weakness that even I can't fix."

"That's good enough for me, Will. I'll just come back when it happens again."

I just laughed as I went back to the cabinet to get a wrap and a piece of ambrosia. I was working on his arm as I asked him a few questions.

"Have you ever told me when you first got this injury? Which monster was it?" I asked him as I started to wrap his arm.

"Wasn't a monster actually," he responded, frowning a little bit. "I got this when I was younger. I- uh- I don't remember what happened."

I raised my eyebrow at that.

"You don't remember? It must have been painful, Percy. You don't remember?"

He was looking at me weirdly, with a hint of fear in his eyes.

"Ye-yeah. I don't know. Must have fallen down the stairs," he murmured, adding the ending as if it was an ingrained response. I frowned at the way he was acting. This was unnatural.