XIX. drunken affection

Disclaimer : from this chapter the storyline completely deviates from the show.
- this chapter has ROMANCE.

•••

vanraj :

When I reached the main wedding area, I noticed Anuj and Shruti standing up for the saath phere.

Anupamaa didn't seem to be around.
I gulped nervously, looking around attentively.
Anuj looked as depressed as I had on my wedding.
I genuinely manifested his wedding would turn out better than mine.

Actually, it would.
He had lived with the girl without them killing each other for four years. My attempt at living with Kavya had ended with me almost dying in a car accident.
Clearly showed how wonderful the wedding would be.

The phere happened, then the sindoor and mangalsutra.
Yet, Anupamaa was invisible.

Was she singing "tere bina zindagi se koi.. shiqwa toh nehi" somewhere?
Not that singing was her thing.

The wedding ended.
I had the gifts in my hand, so should I myself go and give them?

I looked around, alert.
Just then I heard, in a heavy drunken voice from afar,

"Arrey ooo Kapadia ji.."

I immediately turned.
Amongst the loud music and voices of people, no one would have noticed it.
Not yet.
Anupamaa stood afar, looking like lady devdas, with a tragic smile on her lips and tear smitten eyes.

The place has huge media coverage, but for now, it was only uptil the wedding stage.
By chance if she was caught on camera, the memes and negative publicity would be terrible.

I immediately jogged down to her.
"Arrey..", She was about to shout again when I forcefully placed my hand on her lips to hush her down.
Looking around desperately for a safe place.

There were rooms nearby, for guests, in the hotel attached to this large wedding ground.
Anupamaa struggled as she constantly pushed me, punched me, dug her nails into my arm.

Seeing no other option, I caught hold of her arm and pulled her.
"Arrey chodiye! Chodiye mujhe!", She shouted as I forced her down into the rooms at the corner. They were open. Probably for the bride and groom to get ready.

I pushed her in with all my might and forced the door shut.
Madam had managed to dig her nails in my arm, almost drawing blood.
"Mujhe jaane dijiye!", She shouted angrily.
Seven shots down, this was the least I expected.
I surveyed the room. It looked unused. That meant there would be no trespassers until dawn.

I stood with my back towards the door, making sure she doesn't force herself out.
"Aap mujhe jaane dijiye! Mujhe closure dena hai!", She said forcefully trying to push me aside.

"Anupamaa!", I snapped at her, almost involuntarily holding her by her shoulders.
She looked at me, angry or sad, I did not exactly know.
She paused momentarily.

Waah.. itni jaldi shaant?

anupamaa :

I stared at him acting like the Boss before me.
Intoxication was making me definitely lose my senses, it heightened my desperateness, my anxiety, my pain and my wish to stop all of this instead of being sacrifice ki Devi.