𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

quick note: okay, this story isn't dead, I just haven't figured out a plot yet, so I'll be dotting down ideas for this book and my others. Also, idk how tall Luci is, so for the sake of the story he is 5'5 and the reader is 5'10, so ye. Anyways, on with the story. ^^

There will be some mentions of the Martial Arts Fighting called Kendo, and I'm trying to research it as much as I can do I can make it accurate, but it'll be hard to explain in detail, so please, correct me if I get something wrong and I'll edit it.

❝studies❞

__________

__________

It's been a couple days since the group had their camping trip, and whilst they all had split up to do their own studying before finals this week, y/n had been stuck in their apartment with the king of hell, who had wanted to see their new "friends" apartment. It wasn't that hard to smuggle him inside of the one bedroom.

y/n was bent over their desk inside of their room as Lucifer walked around to look at all of the things they kept with them. They chewed on their pencil as they read from their book, trying their hardest to shove enough knowledge into their brain, hoping that when they did the finale they'd finally get a moments break. "Ooh. What's this?" They looked up to see Lucifer holding a wooden Kendo sword that had gathered dust in the corner hanging up. y/n hummed as they got up from their chair and walking over to the king of hell.

"It's a Kendo sword." They took it from his hands and looked at the wood. They haven't held this in years, "I kind of forgot I had it," they shrugged and put it back into Lucifer's gloved hands.

"What's it do?" He was a curious man, y/n gave him that. They raised a brow at him.

"It's for fighting. My father had me take some classes when I was a bit younger, but I grew out of it and wanted to try other things. It originated from Japan," they nonchalantly shrugged their shoulders at the older man. Lucifer pointed it at his human friend and grinned at them, they squinted their eyes in confusion.

"You can teach me!" Lucifer exclaimed.

"Yeah, not gonna happen. I have finals this week and I am swamped with work." y/n groaned, going back to their desk and leaning back in their chair. Lucifer frowned and followed after them.

"Hey, what about that being your part of the deal? I will help you with your finals and you can train me?" He leaned against the Kendo sword with a sharp tooth grin. y/n thought about it, but shook their head.

"No can do your majesty, I'm content on actually doing the work on my own," they sighed and slummed over a bit. "But I guess I can squeeze Kendo training into my schedule."

"Yes!" He cheered. y/n looked at the man fondly, finding it adorable how he was the king of Hell yet he was so kind and sweet compared to the demons they've heard about.

Lucifer and y/n stood in a moment of silence as they looked down at the smashed cup on the wooden floor, the Kendo sword at Lucifer's side. "In hindsight, I don't think practicing inside was a good idea." y/n spoke.

"Yeah." Lucifer nodded. His eyes then brightened as he looked over towards y/n, "hey, maybe you can come to the castle. I think I might have a room where we could practice in."

"In hell? I'm not ready to die, thanks." They said.

"Oh, no! You won't, I can use my angelic powers to transport us into the castle." He snapped his fingers and a circular portal appeared near them. y/n stared at it with wide eyes.

"Whoa!" They've never seen anything like this before, they walked close to it and poked it with a finger.

"Do you trust me, y/n?" Lucifer asked, standing next to them. y/n looked at him.

"Is that a trick question?" They scoffed.

"No, I'm asking, because Hell isn't the nicest place." Lucifer said. y/n looked back at the portal again, they wanted to go through and explore, but knowing what was behind it frightened her just a bit.

"No, I don't trust you Lucifer. But I'm sure, in the future, I might." They smiled down at him. Lucifer's cheeks seemed to heat up at their small smile they were giving him, it had reminded him of Lilith. His hand with his wedding ring tightened around the Kendo Sword. The memories of Lilith hurt more than he'd like, but what could he do, Lilith had been his first and only love and she had gone and ruined him. Not even his daughter wanted to see him, but, at least they wanted him around. Right?

note: ngl, I really love Lucifer angst, I also very much love Luci and Lilith angst together (I ship them and RadioApple all right). I have some ideas for the reader, so I can't wait for that. I have a love hate relationship with Lilith T-T

vote and comment.

word count: 884