𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

❝the seance❞

__________

"So, does anyone know how to do a seance?" Jed asked the group, looking at them.

"Don't tell us, we came all this way to summon a demon." Carla rolled her eyes. Jed grinned at him, going to his bag and pulling out candle and a piece of chalk.

"I hope you don't have a goats head in there," y/n spoke nervously.

"Huh? What? Hell no!" Jed shook his head, "I'm not that mean." He rolled his eyes and held the stuff out, "though, I'm not sure if we'll summon him with all this." He sighed.

"Who are we even summoning?" Cameron asked. Why were they even considering this?

"The devil himself! Lucifer!" Jed exclaimed excitedly. Of course he'd try to summon Lucifer, he was practically obsessed with any form of media of the king of hell. Addison played with her locket nervously, she wasn't big on demons, or anything related to horror, so this was making her a little. The little rusted golden locket, with the words, "hartfelt", engraved on it was gripped in her hand.

"Really? Lucifer?" Carla asked, standing up from her spot and going over to her friend and putting an arm on his shoulder, "your obsession with him is gonna bite you in the ass, you know that right?" Jed merely rolled his eyes.

"It's not that big, just to see if it'll work. I don't believe much in Hell or Heaven, but if it works, we'll definitely be one of the first humans to see him. Come on! What about you Hartfelt?" Addison squealed in surprise, her face turning red as she looks up at her girlfriend's friend. "I mean, hey, you might want to know something about your great uncle." He shrugged. He was bribing the youngest member of the group with the mention of her murderous uncle, which, if she was being honest, was one of the reasons why she was terrified of horror. All those stories her single mother would tell her of him.  Carla frowned.

"Hey, no need to bring up that asshole," Carla rolled her eyes, going back over to her and wrapping her arm over her in a loving embrace.

"Nice going Jed," y/n have him a mocking smile.

"Sorry Hartfelt, my bad," Jed chuckled lightly.

"Let's just get this over with, I do want to sleep tonight." Cameron walked over to him and helped set the seance up, the other three sitting in the circle as the two men finished. They used the chalk to draw a pentagram in the middle of them, which was a little hard, but surprisingly it worked. It wasn't much dirt but gravel, and some solid ground as well that made the pentagram look a bit better. y/n still cringed at how it looked though. If there was a devil, he'd be so disappointed in that sour excuse for a pentagram.

"Now the candles!" Jed exclaimed, handling each one of them a candle as he lit his. The others following suit.

"We're definitely doing something wrong with this seance. I mean, usually people have sacrifices." Carla joked, lighting her own candle.

"Oh hunny, we're not that cruel. I bet Lucifer himself will be proud we're not like every other human out there. This is just for fun, if nothing happens, then oh well, it's not the end of the world." He laughed. The others chuckled along with him. It was a funny thought though, they were doing a different type of seance. Jed then went back to his bag and grabbed a book that looked old. "Okay, so, candles and pentagram. The third and final thing is, the blood of an angel. Huh, do they mean a virgin?"

y/n raised a brow and stood up, handing their candle to Carla before going over to Jed, grabbing the book from him and reading it over. "blood of an angel? Where the hell did you get this from?" They asked, their hand gliding over the page, before their finger was snagged by the tip of the page, which made them gasp, blood spilling from their wound and onto the Pentagram. y/n put their finger in their mouth, sucking on it.

"Shit, you okay?" Cameron asked, rushing to them. None of the friends noticing the slight golden hue of their blood.

"Yeah, just a small cut, nothing big." They pushed the book back into Jed's chest.

"Well," Jed started, "at least we know the seance wouldn't have worked anyways." He chuckled, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"What do you mean?" Addison asked, tilting her head.

"The book cut her and her blood went onto the Pentagram, so, it doesn't work." He cringed when he was met with multiple glares

Lucifer, ruler of hell, leaned over his desk, a small yellow rubber duck in front of him as he worked to make something of the little creature, a grin on his face as he worked. All too sudden, he jumps when a piece of paper appears in front of him. He shrieks, falling out of his chair.

"What?!" He stands up, grabbing the paper from the air and scans it, his eyes widening in shock. He hasn't been summoned like this in decades from a bunch of humans, and reading over who they were, he guessed they were college students. "Haha! A seance! Oh! This is gonna be so fun! I haven't done one of these in so long!" He hugged the piece of paper, jumping up and down with a happy smile before snapping his fingers and making the paper disappear before he figured out how to greet these humans who wanted to summon him.

He never thought, after all this time isolated, that someone would remember him outside of hell. And, he never suspected that it would be a bunch of college students.

note: chapter one done y'all. I quite liked it, how about you? The friend group really is chaotic together. Luci meets y/n next chapter.

vote and comment.

word count: 1006