𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

❝camping trip❞

__________

"Seriously, a camping trip, before finals?" y/n asked their friend, looking up from their place on their couch, their laptop in front of them. Addison, a bright and happy go lucky nineteen-year-old, only smiled at her friend.

"Yeah! Me and the others wanted to have like, a before celebration, and camping sounded like something you would be into, n/n." She grinned down at them.

"Addie, I would love to go, but you know I'm swamped with studying." y/n said giving the younger woman an annoyed expression. Addison walked over to y/n and sat down next to them, grabbing onto their arm with a pleading look.

"Please, n/n! You can always study some more when we come back. It's only for the weekend, and our finals isn't until Friday." Addison shook the older one's arm. y/n sighed, but caved.

"Fine. But this'll be the only time I'm doing something like this. I've gotta ask dad as well," they said, standing up to go to the landline.

"Your dad? Isn't he like, the pastor or something at the church?" Addison followed them. y/n looked at them, the phone between their ear and shoulder.

"Yeah? He's been the pastor there for as long as I remember." y/n shrugged, dialing her father's number. It was a somewhat natural thing to do for them, because of how overly protective he was of his only child. y/n had gained their mom's look more than their dad's. y/n didn't know where their mother went to, their father never mentioned it or brought it up so they never asked. It was okay though, y/n liked when it was just them two.

The ringing on the phone stopped as someone picked up, "hello?" The gruff voice of their father was heard on the other side, just like he had just gotten up from a nap.

"Hey dad!" y/n said, trying to sound energized and not as tired as their father sounds.

"y/n? Is everything okay? Are you hurt? Did something happen?" This was something that happened almost every time they call him first, they usually shrug it off as their father being protective. He's always been that way.

"No, nothing's happened. My friend, Addison, invited me to go camping with her and a few others, was wondering if I could go?" y/n said, looking over at their friend who grinned. y/n rolled their eyes.

"Camping? Huh, haven't done that since you were a child. But, don't you have finals?" He asked.

"Next Friday we do, this is only for the weekend." They told him.

"I guess you can, but remember, please be careful, and the same goes for your friend." He told the young college student.

"Will do pops! Thanks again," They hung up and sighed, for what felt like the hundredth time today. "He said yes," Addison squealed and rushed to her friend and giving them a big bear hug. For a tiny thing, Addison was very strong, and cutting off air flow. "Release... Release."

"Oops! Sorry!" Addison let go and grinned at her friend, bouncing on her feet in excitement. y/n smiled at her softly.

"God, it's cold out here." Complained one of the guys, Jed, who was pulling his jacket close to him.

"Your the one who wanted to camp here, in the woods," Carla spoke, she was Addison's girlfriend and the only one sane enough to be friends with Jed.

"Well sorry, I thought it would at least be a bit hotter out." Jed rolled his eyes.

"It wouldn't be so cold if you helped me with the fire," Cameron spoke, glaring up at Jed who was sitting next to y/n, who was reading their book in silence, just listening to the chatter among their friends.

"Uh, no, knowing my luck I'd set my backside of fire somehow." Jed said.

"He's right, he might." y/n joked, looking up from their book. Jed pointed to them to prove his point.

"Oh whatever, I'll do it." Carla said, kneeling down beside Cameron and helping with the fire.

"This place is really peaceful," Addison spoke, her voice small as she looks around the forested area. y/n looked at her.

"Yeah, it truly is. I wish it'd stay like this for a while, u touched by humans." y/n said.

"Yeah, but we all know it won't." Jed sighed.

"Way to bring the mood down guys." Cameron joked, the fire staring as the two made it back to their friends. Carla sat next to Addison, putting an arm around her shoulder to warm her up as Cameron sat on the other side of y/n. The young college story really wished this place and moment would stay forever. Just for a little while longer.

note: prologue done. How was it?

vote and comment.

word count: 821