Chapter 12

Author's note: Sorry about these chapters being so short btw 🙈 I could put two together, but then the story would be shorter, and what is going to be happening next makes more sense the way it is divided right now. So... yeah. Sorry 🫣

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Merry Christmas, neighbour."

"Merry Christmas, Rúben" I smiled.

"Did you check if I'm under your tree?"

"Haven't gone downstairs yet, but that doesn't look like my grandma's living room" I said, squinting my eyes at my phone's screen. "And who said you were what I asked Father Christmas for?"

"Oh, yes. Why ask for something that already is yours" he said with that smirk of his. Thank God it was still dark in my room and he couldn't properly see how badly I was blushing. "Any news about your parents?"

"Nope, nothing. Only that my uncle and his family will come later to say hello."

"Are they team dad too?"

"They are team I don't want to get in trouble. But what about you? How did the night go?"

"It was ok, just the four of us."

"Any plans for today?"

"My mum is cooking, so that will definitely cheer us all. And I'll stop by Lucy's place to give Julia her present."

"What did you get her?"

"A new Elsa costume with a wig and heels."

"Oh, she's gonna love it. And drive us all crazy with the noise those heels are gonna make."

"Well, the one living downstairs is Mrs. Jones, so I don't feel sorry for her."

"Rúben!" I laughed. "Poor woman, she's just alone and wants some attention from a hot young man."

"Did you just call me hot?"

"I... My grandma is calling me."

"Yeah, sure" he chuckled.

"It's true." And as if hearing me, she opened my room's door, turning on the light.

"Sorry to interrupt, sweetie, I heard you laughing" she said. "Are you ready for breakfast?"

"One minute."

"Say hello to your grandma" Rúben said.

"Who is that? Are you talking with a man?" grandma asked, her eyes going wide.

"It's just an Instagram video."

"And why did I hear the word grandma? Who is he?"

"No one."

"Then why is your face so red?"

"Grandma, it is no one" I insisted.

"Ok... I'll see you downstairs" she said, closing the door.

"Thank you for that, Rúben."

"I was just being polite" he said with an innocent smile.

"Don't you dare smile at me like that" I said, trying to sound pissed. "She's not gonna let it go, you know? She's probably telling my grandad downstairs already."

"And?"

"Yesterday they spent hours trying to find me a boyfriend among the Arsenal players. If they find out I'm talking with a man..."

"You were talking with a friend that happens to be a man. I don't know why you can't tell them that" he shrugged.

"Because they won't believe me. In case you haven't noticed, the colour of my face gives it all away."