Chapter 35: The Rescue

****SHAD'S POV****

        Would we really trust them? We weren't sure if they would abide by the agreement. Maybe in the end, instead of us saving Mika, she'd be more even hurt. "Titus, we have to gamble on this thing. I know it's hard because we're against them but they are the only ones at this time that can help us find Mika. I'm looking at all the options that we have and as you can see, they are the only option we have."
"Alpha everything is ready outside. We can leave now." Corey said. I nodded. "Titus, I have something to ask of you. Make sure Mika's father is safe in this fight. I don't want Mika being upset."
"Don't worry, you can count on me to protect Alpha Malcolm at all times." Titus promised.
        Silver Moon and Snow Moon Pack gathered outside the pack house. I spotted Alpha Malcolm talking to Corey. I looked at him as an acknowledgment of his presence. He had been very supportive with us even if I took his daughter because of a contract. "Listen everyone! Tonight, we will move as one to rescue my mate, your Luna from the hands of a demon. These two vampires will help us find their location. I trust them so I wish that you all can support my decision. We will be attacking them by morning when they are at their weakest. We distributed the potions to mask our scent from the enemy. We need to defeat them and save our loved ones to, because we don't know what will happen next. Now, if there's anyone who wishes to stay, I won't force you to participate. Anyone?"
        No one dared to raise their hand. Wolves were not afraid of death. We were born fighters. "Thank you for staying with me. Now we should move." I looked at the two vampires and signaled them to start moving. They would leave a trail of their blood for us to follow. It took us six hours of traveling before we reached a river. We saw them entering a big hole behind the waterfalls.
        This was why we couldn't trace them. They were masking their scent with water. Tyler came out after a few minutes holding a headless vampire. He signaled us to follow him, that it was already safe to move forward. "Alpha, we already killed the guards assigned to the entrance. Kayce and I will stay at the entrance while you and your pack are fighting. We will make sure Mika is inside and not taken away." Tyler said. "Thank you for your help. After this, you are welcome in our pack." I suggested. "No need for that Alpha. Kayce and I will live among the humans and stay with them for the rest of our lives, or at least until we want to leave." I didn't respond and just agreed with his decision. I looked at Titus, Alpha Malcolm and Corey signaling them for the attack.
        As we moved forward, we were shocked to see a big castle at the end of the tunnel. We found a lot of vampires moving around and started to attack them. I tried to contact Mika through our mind link but she wasn't answering. 'Corey, I can't sense Mika. You and your team start to advance inside and find her.' I said through our mind link. 'Yes Alpha.' I was about to follow him when I spotted Landon coming out. I went straight to him blocking his attack to one of my pack members. "Nice to see you again demon." I said.
        "How dare you invade my people." He shouted, transforming into his real face and started to attack me. I was prepared for his attack, remembering the portion that was given to me. I opened it and threw it in his face. La don moved back and shouted in pain. I held him by his neck while pushing his face to the ground. "Where is my mate?" I demanded. "You don't have a mate here. Mika is my mate."
"Stop that fucking nonsense and tell me where she is."
"You can't have her wolf. Even if you get her back, I'm sure that I already planted a lot of my seed inside of her. She will soon bear my child."
        "You're crazy if you think that'll happen." I was about to take his head off when I heard Mika's voice. She was calling to me. He took advantage of that distraction and released himself, biting my hand. He tried to run away but Mika's father blocked him. "If you think you can escape, you better think twice." Alpha Malcolm said.
        When Titus tried to move forward to distract him, I got the stake from my back and stabbed his back, passing through his heart. He suddenly looked back at me and grabbed me by the neck. "Even if you do kill me, my offspring will rule this world." He said. "I won't let that happen. I'll talk to Mika about killing that demon inside of her."
"I—if s—she'll h—have t—the w—will to do i—it." Landon said before a fire started burning him. I saw the other vampires starting to burn too. I looked around and saw Tyler and Kayce burning as well.
        They smiled at me like they were saying it was okay. I just hoped that their souls found their way to the Moon Goddess. 'Corey, did you find Mika?' I asked but he didn't respond. I tried many times to call him but no response each time. "Titus, gather everyone and look for Corey and Mika."
"Corey?" Titus confusingly asked. "Yes, I told him to find her while we were fighting out here."
"Oka——" but his words left him as he pointed behind me.
        My heart almost burst out of my chest when I saw Mika full of blood carrying Corey on her back. If this wasn't a serious matter, I would have laughed at the sight in front of me. Corey was a big man and he was being carried by my small mate which was something we wouldn't see often. Titus ran to her side and checked Corey while Alpha Malcolm hugged Mika and checked to see if she was okay before he let me hold her. I couldn't express how happy I was seeing her alive. "Mika what's wrong?"
"Let's go home, I'm tired.."
        What the hell was happening? Why was she being like this? I had so many questions but I kept them to myself. I would wait until we were in private. My wolf howled in happiness because of our success. Before we left, we set fire to the castle after getting all of our wounded members and the bodies who died to safety. I kept watching Mika on our way back home but she refused my help carrying her. Moon Goddess? What was happening to my mate?