Chapter 18: Dinner Date Part I

***MIKA'S POV***

        After what happened last night, Shad never left my side. He cleaned all my wounds and carried me to bed.
        I slowly opened my eyes when I felt someone breathing in my ear. By the tingles and warm sensation, I was sure it was Shad. "Good morning, princess." He said. "Princess?" I giggled by the endearment he chose. "Why? Princess is cute. You don't like it?" He pouted playfully. I laughed at him. "No, it's fine. I just got caught off guard by the fact that you used princess." I said turning on my left side so that we were face to face. "You look so beautiful." He said before giving me a kiss on my nose. "Hey! I need to brush my teeth first." I said. "It's fine. You know, you even farted and I still like you." He said sealing his words with a kiss.
        We pulled away as we caught our breath. "You're right. You need to brush your teeth." He said with a small chuckle. I pushed him out of bed and his butt landed on the floor. "You're crazy!" I said throwing his pillow at him. He just laughed and went to the bathroom.
        It was lunch time when we went down to the dining room. Everyone looked at us and smiled. Shad pulled the Luna chair out for me. They stopped and stared at us. They probably thought that we were okay now. "Is there problem?" Shad asked raising his eyebrow. Everyone looked away and continued eating. He served me food which kind of made the room awkward. I smiled at him and we ate quietly.
        "I have some pack business. Your clinic is already set up and you have the list of your patients. I guess we're both busy today." He said. "Nice to know you didn't forget I was a healer." I said giggling. "I'll be home before seven, be ready by then." He said. "Be ready for what?" I asked. He winked at me. "Just wear something comfortable. We're going out to eat." He said leaving me confused. Titus followed him smirking at me to. What the hell did those smirks mean! I stood up and put my plate in the sink before going to shower. I would be too busy in a few minutes. I was excited getting to do my job. I loved using my gift.
        I entered my clinic and saw Carly already at her desk giving instructions to all the patients inside. "Good morning, Carly." I said. "Morning Luna!" She said smiling at me. "Just call me Mika, I'm not the Luna yet." I said while entering my office. She followed me, giving me my schedule and the list of patient names who have check-ups today.
They were Lauren's patients that were getting transferred to me since she was sent to my old pack. "Everyone is talking about the Alpha being nice to you at breakfast. They also heard that you two are going on a date." She said. "It's not a date! It's only dinner. We're just going out to eat." I said to her. "Well, that's like a date to me. Oh well, I won't argue with you. Here's your first patient of the day, enjoy." She winked before leaving. I smiled, knowing that Carly was one of my friends here.

*****

The day flew right by. It seemed that there were many pregnant women here. There were almost twenty of them who visited me today. I stretched my arms above my head. "Mika?" Carly said. "Yes?"
"In case you want to know, it's already six and Alpha will be here by seven. Remember the dinner?" She said. "Oh shit.... I almost forgot. Thank you Carly, for reminding me. Gosh, I need to file all of this, put some notes and names of the women here and prepare for all the information and vitamins they'll need and...."
"Mika." Carly touched my shoulder. "It's fine, I can do that. Go and take a warm bath. You need to look good for the Alpha." She winked at me.
"Thanks Carly, I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here." I said before hugging her. "Stop the drama and prepare for your date which is 'not a date' to you." She said pushing me out of the clinic. I smiled at her and ran out the room. 'You're excited' Hana said. 'Am not!' I said. 'I can feel it idiot.' She said. 'If you can feel it, why are you asking.' I said. 'I just want to confirm it. I thought it was just a dinner? Why are you so excited?' Hana asked. 'You know why, I can tell that he can be our mate and I think I... I...'
'You think what?' She asked.
I could picture her grinning at me. 'I like him?' I said. 'Deny it all you want Mika. But time will tell.' She said. 'You need to shut up okay.' I said before blocking her out of my head.
I showered and changed my clothes. Shad said to eat something comfortable so I wore faded jeans and white cotton shirt with rubber shoes. I let my hair down and put some lip gloss on my lips. I loved my natural look.
        I was smiling to myself when I heard a knock on the door. By the scent of it, I knew it was him. "Ready?" He asked when I opened the door. We looked into each others eyes until his hand reached my face. "Yes, I'm ready." I said. "You look beautiful." He said kissing my forehead. "Thank you. Your not too bad yourself." I said giggling while he looked a bit shocked at my comment. "I'm just kidding you look great." I said patting his shoulder. He held my hand and lead me to his car. "Where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise." He said. I sat in the passenger seat beside him. 'So, it's only the two of us.' I said to myself.
        It was a thirty-minute drive when we arrived to a house near the beach. "What is this place?" I asked. "It's mine. We are still in my territory, but this one is hidden from everyone. Only a few know about this place." Shad said opening the front door.
        It was a wooden bungalow house but when you went inside, the furniture was up to date. It had a kitchen, dining room and living room. It felt like home. "Your place feels home-like. When was it built?" I asked. "I built this five years ago and I always stay here when I want to rest." He said putting a picnic basket on the table which I didn't notice he had. "You built this? Wow, that's amazing." I said. "I know how to do many things, love." He said winking.
        "Love? Where did that endearment come from?" I asked while helping him fix the table. The food looked delicious and smelt so yummy. "I just thought about it. Why? Don't you like it? We can make it sweetheart, darling, or babe." He said. "Shad you're so cute." I said throwing him a few grapes. "Love will be fine." I said.
        We sat facing each other while the delicious food was on the table. It looked like a date to me but a dinner to. 'But it's not a date Mika.' Hana, my wolf said. "Shut up!" I shouted. "What?" Shad questioned. "What?" I asked. "You shouted at me telling me to shut up." He said. "Oh, I'm sorry. I was just thinking of something." I said.
        We ate silently until he put the plates in the sink. "Come on." He said. "Come on? Where are we going?" I asked. "The night is still young and I planned something special for you." He said. "What is it?" I asked. "You'll see soon. Just be patient."