Chapter 9: People magazine's sexiest man alive

Brendon and I had been "together" for a couple weeks now, and for the most part we weren't spending much free time together. Well, that wasn't entirely true. Brendon did come over every night so I could get my daily blowjob. It was becoming a routine of ours. Go home after a long day of interviews, make out, let Brendon drop to his knees, fall asleep, repeat. And yeah, maybe a few times i let Brendon sleep in my bed with me but those times were only when we were both too exhausted to move. That was all. It was nothing romantic. It would never be anything romantic.

He was learning the soft spots on my body, and every orgasm i had felt better than the last one, and every time he jacked off I refused to help him. He said it was hot, that I was so insanely mean to him. It turned him on for some unknown reason. And good for him! If he was attracted to my detached behavior than that was okay with me. Even if it was weird as fuck.

At the moment, the same guy who was turned on by my harshness was sitting beside me on a couch, arm around my shoulders as a tall man sets up his tape recorder to interview us. Kind of old school, but I could dig it.

The man introduces himself as Gabe S... Oh fuck what with his last name? Supporter? Soporta? Fuck, I couldn't remember if I tried. I feel like an ass for forgetting it though, if that's any constellation.

"So how do you feel for being number one and two on people magazines sexiest men alive list?" I want to shrug the question off but I don't. I'm not sexy. Not in any way. The list has to be rigged. If I wasn't famous, I wouldn't have made that list no matter how hard I tried. No, I was a five on a scale of one to ten, but these people didn't seem to think so. Brendon though, Brendon belonged on this list. And it was fitting that he took the number one spot over me, I knew he would poke fun at me for being 'less sexy' than him but I didn't care. The list was trivial. I didn't care about trivial things.

"Honestly it's just a shock anyone thinks I'm attractive at all. I mean I'm definitely not sexy. Not like Brendon is." I smile gently at Brendon and play up the boyfriend facade, chuckling softly as he blushes.

"Shut up. You're attractive. Just not as attractive as me." He say with a huge smirk, and I can't help but genuinely laugh at his ego. It's so huge it would make Kanye West jealous.

He's cute when he's being egotistical. Or... What?

"You two are the first couple to ever earn the top two spots! Our readers really want to know how you two fell in love or.. Are you in love at all?" Gabe asks and before I can open my mouth, Brendon is speaking.

"We both have known Pete since we were what?" He looks at me with raised brows. "Eighteen? Nineteen?" I nod at that. Nineteen. "Nineteen. Yeah. He introduced us at this party in Vegas. This was back when he was with his first band Bullet Hearts. We hated each other when we met. Ryan I think, hated me the minute I called the Beatles overrated." I nod gently and scratch the back of my neck. "Anyways, we have always kind of been in each other's lives since then and over the years i really kind of found myself falling for him." Here comes the fabrication. "I begged him for months to go out with me, and he finally said yes and um... Yeah... I love him and I would hope he'd say the same about me."

It takes me less effort than I expect to say "i do love you. More than anything." I hate myself for letting that slip out so easily, because no, I don't love Brendon. I hate him. I hate him so much. I hate his stupid gorgeous smile and his perfect hair. I hate the way the light shines off his chocolate eyes when he looks at me. I hate the way he groans when I bite his neck at just the right spot. I hate him... I hate the way that I've grown to not hate him. Not even a little bit.

Fuck.