Chapter 13: Hey Boss

——————————🎧——————————

"Some of us don't get the happy
ending we were looking for. Maybe it's
not that kind of kingdom. Or maybe
it's not the end of the story."

Ballister leaned on a railing, looking over the whole city. As he was lost in thought, Ambrosius ran up to him and hugged him from behind. He laughed and the two shared a kiss.

(Y/n) wasn't far behind her older brother and she caught up with them, and they pulled her into a hug as a greeting.

The three of them made their way down a set of stairs, passing a mural that had pictures of Nimóne, Ballister and (Y/n) with the word 'Heroes' written above them and several hearts designs on the wall.

They also passed some giant cranes removing all the cannons from the wall, as well as several hovercrafts that were flying in and out of the hole in the wall that had been fixed up and given a more secure and nicer looking exit.

They stopped at a shrine for Nimóne that had several drawings and flowers and well as other tributes places in front of it in memory of the boy who gave his life to save the city.

...

Ballister and (Y/n) returned to the little tower where they hid out from the entire city. They looked around fondly at all the memories they had shared here.

They opened the curtains, and took all the boards off the windows, took down the suspect wall, and cleaned it up a bit.

When they were finished, they looked around at their handy work and smiled.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Ballister and (Y/n) perked up, hearing a knock at the door. They rushed over and opened it, only to see that no one was there. They shared a look and laughed lightly at how silly they were, not noticing the glowing pink light behind them.

"Hey boss."

Ballister and (Y/n) turned around.

"Holy sh—!"

(Y/n) shoved Ballister out of the way before he could finish his sentence and rushed towards Nimóne. She jumped into his arms and wrapped her legs around his waist, and her arms around his shoulders. He eagerly gathered her into his arms as well as she pressed her lips against his.

"I can't believe you're here!" She exclaimed.

He smiled. "Of course I am. I owe you a date, remember?"

Nimóne looked to Ballister who had stood back up after (Y/n) shoved him. "I'm gonna have to take a raincheck on our future plans for chaos boss."

Ballister chuckled. "That's alright, my trusty sidekick. Go have fun."

Nimóne smiled widely at being called his sidekick. He rushed forward and hugged him tightly, before pulling away and taking (Y/n)'s hand and leading her outside.

He sprouted his wings again and picked (Y/n) up in his arms and flew away into the sky.

"So, anything you have in mind for our first date?" (Y/n) asked him.

Nimóne thought for a moment, then smirked. "Wanna go break some stuff?"

(Y/n) laughed and cupped his face in her hands and kissed him.

"Metal."

     ——————————🎧——————————