Chapter 7: The Real Villain

——————————🎧——————————

The three of them sat in silence as Ballister drove away with an angry expression.

Nimóne looked up at him. "I hate to say it, but you make a pretty good bad guy."

Ballister slowly turned his head and glared at him.

Suddenly the car started to sputter from all the arrows that damaged it. Ballister quickly brought it down and parked underneath a bridge.

Nimóne popped out of the car, now back to himself and stretched. "Oh yeah I like it. We're gonna shake this dude down in the sketchy part of town."

(Y/n) and Ballister climbed out and walked towards him. "Look, let's just question—your leg."

Nimóne glanced at them. "Huh?"

There's an arrow in your leg!" (Y/n) yelled.

He looked down to see that there was indeed, an arrow sticking out of his leg. "Oh..."

"Okay, you need to sit down." (Y/n) told him firmly.

Nimóne tried to brush it off. "No, it's fine. It's totally—."

"Look at you. You're not fine."

"It's a splinter. It'll work itself out."

"You're bleeding. Sit."

(Y/n) grabbed his shoulders and guided him to sit down. "Okay, we're just gonna take a look."

She barely poked the arrow and some blood shot out, making her recoil.

"Okay, okay. That's...that's in there. Alright... we're gonna do this on three." She warned.

Nimóne just stared at her.

(Y/n) grabbed the arrow with one hand, and squeezed Nimone's hand with the other for comfort.

Nimóne's face flushed a slight pink, and he was grateful that she was focused on the arrow in his leg.

"One...two...three!" She yanked the arrow out, and Nimóne just continued staring at her. "Okay, most people scream at that part."

He shrugged. "I'm not a people."

"Right...so...it doesn't hurt at all?" She asked.

"It does." He admitted. "But I've been through worse."

(Y/n) reached for a cloth in her pocket when she had another question. "What...does it feel like."

"Pretty stabby in my leg region." He described.

(Y/n) laughed. "No, no. The shape shifting. I mean, does it hurt...or...sorry, small minded question. Hold still."

She ripped a piece of cloth and wrapped it around his leg.

Nimóne smiled softly at her as he watched her take care of him. "Honestly, I feel worse when I don't do it. Like my insides are itchy. You know that second right before you sneeze? Then I shape shift, and I'm free." He described.