Chapter 17 : Goodbyes

Christmas was here. I decided on staying for the break not because I didn't want to go home but because Sirius was staying and I didn't want him to have to stay here alone.

The others were all leaving and Sirius told me Regulus was too. Sirius had also wanted me to catch Regulus before he left and give him something.

I wasn't exactly sure what it was but it was sealed up in an envelope. I walk around the dungeons hoping to crash into a certain Slytherin. I wasn't sure how else I could get to talk to him.

While walking I did not see Regulus but I came across someone else. The boy with dark hair that Reg was always around. Crouch I think.

"What are you doing down here Gryffindor." He says making me look up in panic.

"I'd left something in potions." I lie slipping the envelope behind my back.

"Accio Y/n's envelope." He mutters moving the paper from behind my back into his possession.

"I- how," I glance at my now empty hands, "You know my name."

"Yeah you're the slut that's passed around the...what do they call themselves, marauders?" He laughs.

I wince at what he called me but i'd be a fool to say anything about it. He seemed more of a powerful wizard then I am.

He starts to unfold the letter, "Accio letter." I spell back. "Expelliarmus!" I disarm him.

I might not say anything but I am still stupid enough to do something about it.

His wand goes flying across the cold floor, making him smirk.

"I don't need a wand for you to fear me." He steps closer to me quickly shoving my harshly into the wall. My shoulder was definitely going to be bruised.

"Why are you hiding the letter so badly?" He hissed under his teeth.

"Let her go." A monotone voice behind us appears.

I look up at Regulus's pale face. He seemed terrified of the sight but he sort of always wore that expression like he lived in fear.

Crouch groans miserably, "Reg you can have my seconds, I share."

I could have thrown up.

"Leave us."

And without another word, the boy pushed off the wall and off of me. I let out a breathe in relief.

Crouch looks me up and down and then at Regulus and then walks away back into the Slytherin common room.

It was silent for a second before Regulus started to walk away.

"Hey, wait for me."

I follow behind him, "Thank you for standing up for me."

"I only did it because James would've wanted me too, so don't think we're friends or anything."

"We basically are! I mean I already know your secret about being liking boys-"

"I'm not gay." Regulus sharply says.

We were all alone so I wasn't exactly sure on why he was in denial because I had already found out the truth whether or not he liked it.

"It's okay to be." I said to let him know it wasn't a bad thing and something to be ashamed of.

Regulus doesn't say anything though and I don't push him too.

"This is for you by the way." I hold up the envelope changing the conversation.

"From James?" He's face brightens a little.

"No, uh actually it's from Sirius."

Regulus's expression was hard to describe. It always kinda was. He looked sad to hear his brothers name but curious on the containments of the envelope.

He grabs the envelope from my hand and says nothing.

"Are you excited to be going back then?" I ask trying to continue the conversation ignoring his lack of effort.

"Of course why wouldn't I be?" Regulus says lifting his eyebrow.

He always had a pretentious feeling to him, like he was aware he was better then everyone else but he also hated himself for it.

"Sirius said your home-"

"I don't think Sirius knows what my home is like. He's barely there." Regulus cuts me off like always.

"It's a two week break that he's missing, and he lived his life there too." I remind him sharply.

He can't make it seem like Sirius had abandoned him.

Because Sirius hadn't and he won't.

"You know James makes you seem nicer then you are." Regulus says. James talks about me.

"I assumed you'd be nicer too. I didn't think James liked mean people."

Regulus just rolls his eyes. Sirius did that a lot too. They weren't that different.

"I'll be off." Regulus turned around to go in the opposite direction.

I'm not sure if I had offended him or not. He was so confusing but it didn't matter. I delivered the letter and what's done is done.

"Are you going to come with me?" I ask Sirius. I was on my way to where the boys would leave Hogwarts to the train station to say goodbye.

"They don't want to see me." Sirius throws a ball in the air and catching it again.

I walk over to him catching it the next time he threw it. "Stop distracting yourself." I shake the ball in the air, making him groan.

I toss the ball back to him and this time he did not catch it.

"Listen you are going to come with me, I'm not even asking you to say anything to them." I explain.

"So you just want me to stand there?" Sirius asks.

"And look pretty, yes." I joke around.

"Am I really turning out to be your trophy wife, oh merlin this is a nightmare." Sirius laughs.

I put my hand out which he takes and I lift him from his bed.

"Let's go trophy wife."

We had walked down to where everyone was. It was a short goodbye because it took forever for Sirius to physically walk there as he kept trying to walk back to our room.

I had hugged all the boys and Sirius did indeed just stand there and look pretty.

I had noticed that him and Remus kept glancing at each other. I'm not sure why but it must've had something to do with the day at the book store.

Neither of them had told me what really happened when Sirius chased him down but it doesn't matter I guess.

It doesn't matter because it's finally Christmas Break. Finally no classes. No drama.

Finally updated. Sorry. School is schooling hard...