Chapter 12: Paint

I still had a lot going on in my mind wondering what was going on with Remus. Well not only Remus just the marauders in general. They are so secretive

I couldn't get anything out of anyone one. Even peter who usually squeaks out whatever secrets there is.

"You all drive me insane." I let my head fall on the table, Sirius sliding his hand under before I hurt myself.

He softly lifts it back up and making me face him, "Y/n you have to understand there's just some things we can't say."

I look around at everyone else. James had a sorrow look on his face while Remus was just avoiding eye contact.

"It's okay." I didn't want to keep on pushing it. I just wish they would all trust me.

I know the four of them had grown up together so there was most definitely a sense of loyalty. One they didn't have with me, and I didn't know if they ever would. I could only hope.

I lost my appetite for dinner so I decided to head on over to the library. Right as left they immediately started to whisper. I clench my fists.

I had gotten to the library heading to a small corner. Another person was there. "Regulus."

He turns to see me and when he does he immediately picks up his books and begins to take off.

I scoff of his rudeness but sit down where he originally was. He had left something behind though. It was a journal.

I took a peek inside but everything was written in french cursive so I couldn't read anything.

There was something I did recognize though. A name in particular. All across the pages were James potter, James Potter, Potter, Potter, potter.

I pick it up and hurry on to hand it to him. Luckily he was a slow walker. I catch up with him and he picks up the pace.

"Hey! I'm trying to be nice." I say making him turn around. I wave the journal in the air.

His eyes widen at the site of the book. As if he had hidden his deepest secrets there, and maybe he did.

He walked towards me and grabbed the journal. "A thanks would be appreciated." I mumble.

"You didn't read anything right?" Is all he said and I nod my head no. It wasn't a lie. I couldn't understand anything of it.

I see him sigh in relief.

"You know you could be more kind. I am your brothers roommate."

Regulus had a physical reaction to that statement. His body had tensed. "Sirius is no brother of mine. Potter is his family."

I could see it now, why Regulus was writing about James. He must've been jealous. So jealous with the fact that Sirius's allegiance wasn't with him anymore.

This Regulus felt so different from when him and I first met. He seemed much more calm that night, under the stars.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say something wrong." I apologize feeling sort of embarrassed now.

Regulus just frowns. I couldn't tell if it was towards me or himself.

"Just go." He says.

And I did. I went back to where I was originally going to go.

I make my way back into my spot to find another person. Was this really that special of a place.

"Oh hello!" It was James.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" I ask.

He picks up a random book off of the shelf, "Reading of course."

I grab the book from his hand, "How to Not Give Into Dark Magic?" I read the title of the book out loud.

"I have quite the dark side." James sheepishly says.

"Ugh, i'm so sick of you all being secretive." I disappointedly admit.

James stares at me deeply, "Secrets are secrets for a reason."

I bring my palm to my face, groaning in frustration. I decided to leave it at that.

As I walk quickly I bump into a girl who was holding a drink in her hand. When we collided it splashed all over me. "Great." I look down onto my stained shirt.

"Oh my, I'm so so sorry." The girl took her red and yellow scarf off about to dry off my shirt but I stopped her.

"It's fine. I'll just go change, it is no big deal." I push away her worried hands.

"Uh well I don't think this will come out of your shirt." She says, "It was a paint for one of my classes. It doesn't wash out easy."

Now that I look down it did not look very drink like. Yay!

"Here come with me." She takes my hand and drags me to our common room.

As we walked she asked me for my name and as I did her. Her name was Alice. She had brown long hair with bangs. She was super pretty and seemed nice, I just wasn't in a good mood.

She had brought me up to her dorm and revealed her closet. "Pick anything you'd like!"

I look at the insane amount of options, everything was so cute. "You'd really let me?"

"Well of course, I did ruin your cute top so it's only fair."

Her and I had tried on various tops deciding which one was best. We actually had a lot of fun together. I hadn't really had any close girl friends so this was amazing.

I had ended up taking a black and white t shirt which I found cute.

We chatted a bit more. She had told me about her boyfriend, Frank. They seemed really cute. She was definitely in love.

After a while, I decided to head back to my own room because of how late it was.

"Hey Alice, if you ever want to go to hogsmeade or anything-"

"I'd love too." She sweetly smiles.

I just smile back before leaving.

I see a boy about to go into the room. He sees me and flushes a deep red, "You must be Frank..."

He looked a little confused but I just laughed.

I love Alice 🕺