Annalie Nicole Simpson

This is the prologue for an old story I had never finished called 'The Goodbye.' I've decided to post it on here because I'm in love with it, and I know I won't be able to work on the story itself for a small while. Please enjoy x

_____

Prologue.

Annalie Nicole Simpson. She prefers Anna. Only a handful of people know her middle name - she only tells those who she feels is like family. She told me. That's why I put it down on here.

She liked dipping her chips in coke, and she liked to walk her dog, Sprinkles, on long paths behind our old elementary school when she was home. She didn't like being like every other kid at our school - she liked being her own person. She used to wear her hair in the oddest ways, but she always seemed to pull them off when nobody else could.
She never wore make up - she didn't need it - and she was always the most positive being in the world. She wore the red converse I had bought her for her sixteenth birthday, even after a year had past.

She enjoyed the Disney Princess movies and always dragged me over to watch them with her when she was stuck in the hospital or was in, "desperate need," of a movie night.
She didn't like action all that much, but she pretended like it was the best thing in the world when I wanted to watch one, and she liked dipping her french-fries in chocolate ice cream. She ate like she wouldn't be here the next day, and she adored her family with all of her heart.

We'd been friends since I had moved here in the second grade, and we had stayed tight at the hip ever since the first day we met on the playground of our elementary. She liked to say that she was my girlfriend when we were kids, announcing it to everyone we knew. I just went along with it, holding hands with her and giving everyone my best smile; I didn't mind lying - especially not about that. We stopped pretending when we entered middle school; it wasn't that big of news when we told everybody it was all a fraud - practically everyone suspected it from the start.

I'm nineteen now, and she'd be eighteen today. The only reason I'm not spending it with her right now is because she's too far to reach from here. She had died of cancer. I didn't cry - I was numb. It was like my mom had told me that it was cloudy that day, and nothing else.

I'm telling you this because she has a story tell. Yes, everyone has one, and yes, maybe some people have better ones than hers. But hers deserves to be heard, and I'm the only one who can tell it. If you don't want to read about it, stop reading now. I don't mind. But if you want to hear a story about a seventeen year old girl who had been living a secret her whole life, then yeah, I guess this is the place to be.

This is the story of Annalie Nicole Simpson. She was born March 25, 1995, and she had died October 12, 2011. And it's no secret that I, Danny Fredricks, was in love with her and that she never liked goodbyes.