Chapter 3 || Another Cursed Couple

Gisela smiled at herself in the mirror.

Today she could finally be happy. After today, she would be known as Gisela Sencen.

"Gisela, dear, are you ready?"

Gisela looked up to see her Fairy, Edaline.

"Yes, I am," Gisela said, standing up.

Her beautiful pink silk dress strung with pearls and glowing crystals billowed onto the ground like pastel waves.

Fairies were those people whom the bride always honored at the wedding. The humans created a legend of kind protecting creatures- fairies, based on the elvin tradition.

The ballroom was set out with twinkling lights and Azures- little light creatures floating around.

An elvin wedding was a wonderful tradition where the bride and groom would share flame bracelets- symbolizing the relationship to be warm, kindling, and everlasting like a flame.

Then the couple would settle into their new home- naming it of something that show love and prosperity.

Yes, today was that day.

Gisela started walking.

Whispers followed her.

"Ah, is that truly Gisela?"

"Crazy that she is marrying Cassius"

"Poor boy, that girl is like a piece of glass. Once something makes a crack in it, it shatters completely."

"Well its just another cursed couple."

Gisela met Cassius in the middle. The Sealer- a Pyrokinetic- spoke out to the crowd.

"O today we have another reunion of two names- both approved match. Together- their flame shall grow large and bright- shining on the world. If they shall accept, the flames will not hurt."

Gisela and Cassius reached out their hands in which a two strands of fire wrapped around each of their wrists, sealing in a gold bronze.

Clapping lit the room, but Gisela only had eyes for Cassius. He smiled at her.

It was a start of a new beginning.

***