Chapter 2 || 'Random' People

Gisela fell down onto her bed. She was exhausted. Already from day one her mentors had piled so much work on top of her, it made it hard to breath. She barely had any time to work on her Project Nightfall. And it was even harder now when she was sharing a dorm with an overenthusiastic and optimistic Edaline. 

But right now she was in Conjuring- the session Gisela longed to take- so she didn't have to worry about her.

But Gisela was So. Tired. Yeah, she wasn't going to be able to get anything done.

The door swung open, banging into the wall. She sat up quickly, and jumped up.

"Edaline?"

But it wasn't.

Gisela was staring once again into a familiar pair of ice blue eyes.

"Cassius!" she shrieked, backing away, "What are you doing here?!"

Cassius stood in the doorway, looking confused. "Wasn't this- wasn't this my dorm?"

Gisela laughed out loud. "Oh! Of course! How silly of me! What would I be doing in a random person's bedroom?"

Cassius's lips twitched into a smirk. "You know I'm not just some 'random person' to you, Gisela."

Gisela felt her cheeks grow warm. She turned away. This was weakness. This could not be tolerated.

"Just go," she said quietly.

"Hey," Cassius placed a hand on her shoulder. "What's wrong?"

Gisela didn't bother denying it. Empaths.

"Its- its nothing. I just- I just don't belong here. And. . . . . I don't know where I fit in."

Cassius guided Gisela around to face him. For once, his smile was soft- kind.

"We all don't, Ella. But you know you'll always have me."

"I-" Gisela nodded.

Cassius smiled. "You know, I've always wondered- if- if we would work."

Gisela smiled. "Who said we wouldn't?"

Cassius leaned in slowly, Gisela's eyes fluttering close. . . .

It was beautiful. It was amazing. It was . . . . everything.

Gisela slowly pulled away.

Cassius grinned. "Thanks."

And then he walked back out the door, which swung close behind him.

***