Chapter 2

Luz was daydreaming, so she had no idea what they were doing the project on. She would have to ask Amity about it when they were able to talk again. Their teacher's name was Raine Whispers, the students normally just call them Raine or Mx. Whispers because they used, they/them pronouns so the kids never called them Mr. or Mrs. cause it's rude.

Raine was like Luz's second parent, Eda and Raine were the only one's she had, other than King of course - Luz's little adopted brother, he wasn't even human though, he was the son of a titan the same titan that everyone on the boiling Isles lived on top of. Eda was a chill parent and let Luz do her own thing. No one knew about Luz's history, the only thing they knew about was that she was a stoner and didn't really care about much.

Once class was dismissed, Raine gave her a thumbs up as Luz approached Amity. Luz rolled her eyes, Raine had a habit of trying to make their ships come to life and unfortunately, they shipped Luz with Amity. Yay. Amity was getting her things packed up, they had study hall next, so they were allowed to leave early if they didn't have any homework.

"So princess, I wasn't paying attention if I'm being honest, so what are we partnered for?" Luz asked with a smirk when she saw Amity go red with the nickname. The only reason why she calls her is because her family is like royalty, and because Amity was like a stuck-up princess.

"It's on human anatomy, seriously, do you ever listen to what the teachers are saying? Don't answer that, we should work on it as soon as possible if it's going to be perfect, so I will meet you at the owl house after study hall. I have a few things I need to finish so I can't afford to leave school early." she explained, but the last part was a lie. The truth was she didn't want to go back to her parents' house, but she didn't want Luz to know that.

Luz shrugged and called over her shoulder, "Alright, no one should be there to distract us, so we'll be okay to do... anything." she turned around and winked at the green haired girl. She turned back around and headed out of the school with her bag and Owlbert in hand.

Amity stood there staring at where Luz used to be, she was still blushing at the last part of the human's sentence. Of course, she didn't mean what Amity was thinking, she didn't even know why she took the sentence that way. Amity knew she was gay, that's why her parents hated her so much. She couldn't help it though; the women were just so hot, much more than men.

She calmed herself down and went to her study hall class and started working on a paper that was due in two weeks, she just wanted something to do. After study hall though she left the school with Ghost and made her way to the Owl House.

Little did Amity know; Luz already knew about the Blights little crush on her. Of course, she would never admit it, but the human had a little crush on her. That was one of the reasons why Luz loved playing around with Amity, she's just trying to make the youngest Blight admit that she liked her first. Even though the two girls were very different, she thought it would be able to work if the two of them would grow some balls and admit they like each other instead of getting on each other's nerves.

Luz was getting the house ready for the company; Eda was out somewhere with King - most likely at Raine's house. She heard Eda talking about it at one point, they stayed the night with each other all the time, Luz really hopes they are dating because they would be cute.

Luz went to the front and told Hooty not to disturb them, he said he wouldn't. She went back inside and smoked a cigarette quickly; she knew how Amity felt about her smoking, so she didn't want to make the girl uncomfortable.

When she heard a knock at the door and Hooty telling Luz that Amity was here, she put out her bud and opened the door. "Hey Princess. You're early, you finish what you had to do?" Luz asked, once again Amity blushed at the nickname, but she nodded yes at Luz's question. The truth was Amity didn't finish it, she just wanted to see the human again.

Luz moved aside and let Amity inside. "Welcome to the Owl House." She then led Amity into her bedroom. Her room used to be the storage room, but they cleaned it out and now it was like a regular teenage girl's room, only everything was black and gray, not pink and purple. Anyways, they sat in the beanbags that Luz bought on the way back home and got comfortable.

After a while of working on the project Amity was starting to get all flustered, mainly because they were on the woman parts in the project now. Being in the same room with her crush wasn't helping any. Every time she looked at Luz, she couldn't help but wonder what was under her layers. She was getting turned on, of course she wouldn't say anything considering she barely knew anything about this girl.

When they finished the human girl body parts, they called it a night and just sat there staring at each other for a couple of minutes. "So why did you come to the boiling Isles?" Amity asked, then she wished she didn't. Luz shifted uncomfortably. "Sorry, you don't have to tell me anything, I just didn't want to sit in silence anymore, and I want to know more about you." Amity rambled on; Luz smiled at her.