🏵️ Inquest 🏵️

This was almost her 50th time, walking back and forth in her room. Why, Sasha was counting ofcourse.

"May I ask what are you doing, My lady?"

The girl stopped in her tracks and approached Sasha.

"Oh Sasha, there are just two possibilities. Either I have lost it and you're just in my mind or we are here, both as super side characters that didn't even have any screen-time!"

Sasha was done with her. So she just stood up and checked the tea to see if it contained alcohol.

"How in the world did I get reincarnated into a novel?"

She reached out to her appearance in the mirror and that's when it hit her. When she jumped in the river, she was holding her mother's necklace and that novel. That made sense. No, actually it didn't. How could a person jumping in a river along with a novel wake up in that novel? Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous. This had to be a dream. But dreams don't feel this real and long. Then, was she really reincarnated? She pulled her hair in frustration and Sasha stopped her just in time.

"My lady. I believe that you're too tired. Why don't you try taking some rest?"

"No this is impossible, Sasha. We weren't even mentioned in the novel! You expect me to be quiet!?"

She muttered loud enough for Sasha to hear and as soon as she got on the bed, Sasha put new blankets on top of her and sang her a beautiful lullaby. And before she knew it, she was asleep.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ        𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ  ㅤ────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──

It was 9 in the morning and she was having a pleasant meeting with her father. Her father was reading a newspaper and she was reading a book.

"Father?"

"Yes, my star?"

"I want to meet my therapist again."

"Why? Is everything alright? Did you dream about something? Or are you seeing some glimpses of your memories? He did mention that it was possible!"

Her father was almost screaming now.

"No, father. Please calm down. It's nothing like that. I have some... questions. Regarding my dreams..."

"Why, my star? Are they perhaps bothering you again?"

"No, it's not like that. I have some personal queries."

"If you insist, okay. I will keep an appointment today evening. But are you sure that you're alright? You know that I will always hear you out, right?"

Her father gently embraced her and she felt safer than ever.

"Yes yes, father. You can let go now."

The girl muttered and her father let go of her. He had quite a very sad smile on his wrinkled face.

"I told you, you'd never change. Whenever I used to hug you, you would be the first to let go. You would always break the hug first. Well, you used to say that you hated physical contact."

"Oh, it is not like that. Right now, I let go first because I have to water my tulips."

Her father gave her a faint smile along with a nod.

"Okay, go then. Let me know if you need anything for your tulips."

She stood up with a smile and nodded her head vigorously. She gave her father's almost balding head a soft pat before departing, leaving her father smiling.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ        𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ  ㅤ────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──

"Let me get this straight, Lady Elzif. You are saying that, in your dreams, this world was a novel?"

The girl nodded her head devoutly and her therapist stared at her in disbelief before poking his glasses in.

"And you weren't a character in it?"

She nodded again.

"I am sorry, Lady Elzif but...that's just not possible."

"What? Why?"

"It could have been possible if you were a character in it. But you can't dream about this world without you being in it. Because you, Lady Elzif, are the main character of this world. And that's exactly how things are supposed to be in your brain. Who was the main character? Was it someone who exists?"

That's right. She hadn't confirmed her existence yet. The main character of "The Lovely Princess". Jeanette Margarita. No, Jennette de Alger Obelia. But Claude did exist. Jennette meets Claude when she turns 14, in her debutante hall. At that time, Claude was 39 years old. But, she had heard that right now, he's only 28. Did that mean that she saw the future? No, it was too soon. She needed to confirm Jennette's existence first.
Princess Athanasia did exist. Hah, she was her favourite character. She was so pitiful. Because of being disregarded and not loved, she had grown to become fragile and always on edge. And Mallory had always related to her. Despite being overshadowed by Jennette, Athanasia does not lash out in jealousy and even though Athanasia did not mean any harm to any character in the novel, she was executed at the end, that too, by her own father. Such a distressing and woeful life.
Wait a minute, if this was indeed the world of "The Lovely Princess", couldn't she meet Athanasia? And save her from her callous father? Yes. Yes, she could.

"You know what, Sir? I am extremely thankful for your time but could you please forget everything I just said? Actually, I am working on a novel and wanted some help regarding the plot. So, please transgress this conversation."

She stood up and departed as fast as she could, even before the baffled man could reply.

The girl was feeling pleasant and satisfied. No, more like hyperactive and excited. Afterall, she had planned to save her favourite character. She was still mad about her being reincarnated only as a side character. But, it was okay. It was rather thrilling. To not know what her life would bring her.
Unlike Mallory's life, Asteria's now had may events to look forward to. And the most significant one was going to the Ruby Palace, where Athanasia was. She didn't know how she would do that. All she knew was that she had to do that.
Being a side character doesn't mean that you can't affect the plot. It means that you can affect the main character. And that's actually, a lot better.