Chapter 3: For Better or For Worse, I'll Always Save You

This chapter is written from Ethan's point of view.

It's a touch when I feel bad,

It's a smile when I get mad,

All the little things I am

Everyday I love you.

"Are you ready?" I asked my fiancé. I took her out for our usual coffee date, but this time, it was somewhere new to us. "This may not look like Starbucks, but I brought you here because I wanted to consider this as the place for our date."

"It looks like Starbucks!" she was stunned by its interior. We hadn't been to Starbucks before.

"Yup," I smiled and offered her a seat near the window. "I'm so glad I got to bring you here as what I had promised to myself."

"Promise yourself what?" she sat and I moved towards my own seat.

"To bring you here. I know you've been so curious of what does it feel to be here, so I kind of want to take you out on a coffee date, but not Starbucks date. I'll consider that thought tomorrow."

"I'm fluttered," she also smiled towards me, creating a pink blush. "You don't have to. I will buy this time."

"Gentleman always pays," I held her hand. I've been thinking about all these years about the woman I fell in love with, and that thought makes me even smile more. "I love you a lot. I can't let you pay."

"Sometimes," she lifts up my chin facing her properly, blushes already evident. "We have to pay too."

I held her hand and kissed its knuckles. "You're too good to exist."

"It's always been you, you know?" she smiled, not facing me.

"I love you so much."

"You said it too much, I'm smiling a lot!" her smile alone makes me the happiest man in the world. "I feel so glad you're there making me feel happy."

"So what, you don't accept it?" I smirked.

"Of course, I do," she pulled our interlocking hands together and she kissed mine. "I mean..."

I saw her pause for a minute. While we held hands, she glanced at herself, smiling again.

"At a loss for words, babe?"

She nodded. "I mean... after all these years of winning each other everyday, I still see the same person who I love in the first place."

"I'm very glad that you've also managed to become the person whom I really love so much."

"That's so sweet."

"Uhm..." the waiter was waiting for us to order. I believed that she stood there for a couple of minutes and she didn't wanted to ruin our moment.

"One second," we scroll onto the menu and found drinks for us to enjoy and a dessert. "Can I take chocolate cake—"

"And cookies and cream!"

"—with a latte and a matcha coffee."

"Is that it?" that waiter asked.

"Elaizaine?" Cherryl peaked behind the mask, where I believe, it was her friend.

"Omg, is this you Cherryl? The one who rented my sister's apartment?!"

"Elaizaine?!"

"OMG!" the two went for a hug. I guess these two were closest friends back in the Philippines.