Chapter 2: Forget That For Now. Time? It's For Us

This chapter is written from Cherryl's point of view.

'Cos I believe that destiny

Is out of our control (don't you know that I do)

And you'll never live until you love

With all your heart and soul.

Ethan Pangilinan
Active now

Babe I'm at your house where are u?

I'm picking up the groceries. Got to talk to you later when we meet. For now, whatever is on your mind, tell it to mom and dad. Even to my siblings.

I'm on ur bed if u are looking for me.

I miss u a lot

I miss you too, but give me a couple of minutes, okay?

I will. I will talk to your family now. It's important.

How important?

You'll later find out when we have the time to ourselves for now take time

Alright, I got to go now. I love you.

I love u too my precious <3

I kept my phone in my pocket. I kept my mouth shut the entire time just as I was finished grabbing the groceries when I heard my family and Ethan talking in my bedroom, with shouts coming from my sister.

"... seriously? That idiot came to Australia to stalk Cherryl?!" Angel asked. I swear her mouth couldn't be much angrier than the past few days that she and my brother fought.

I lean my ears near my bedroom, away from my family to see, slowly walking.

"I know," Ethan agreed. "I just want to bring Cherryl somewhere else safe."

"Will you be able to convince Cherryl then? I don't know if she'll agree," Rigner chimed in. "She's stubborn as hell, you know that."

"Yeah, but it's for her own safety," Ethan argued. "John is dangerous, and I don't want her to be anywhere near him."

"I understand your concern, Ethan," my mom said, "but moving away is not the solution. We need to figure out a way to deal with John."

"I agree with mom," Angel added. "We can't just run away from our problems."

"I'm not suggesting we run away," Ethan said. "I'm just saying we should move to a safer place until we figure out what to do with John."

"I don't think that's a good idea," Rigner said. "We can't just uproot our lives because of one person."

"We're not doing it because of one person," Ethan said. "We're doing it for Cherryl's safety."

"I appreciate your concern, Ethan," I finally spoke up, entering the room. "But I don't want to run away from my problems. We need to find a way to deal with John."

"But Cherryl, he's dangerous," Ethan said. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"I know, Ethan," I said, "and I appreciate that. But we can't let fear control our lives. We need to face our problems head-on."

Ethan looked at me, his eyes filled with concern. "Okay, I understand. But please be careful, okay?"

"I will," I said, giving him a reassuring smile. I sat down beside Ethan and took his hand in mine. We whispered towards each other. "I understand your concern, my love. But we can't keep running away from our problems. John is dating your mother now, and I know that makes things complicated. But we can't let that stop us from living our lives."