Chapter IV

"Two days before Valentine's Day..."

Ivy contemplated silently while she and her best friend were seated on a bench outside of school. They were facing a field where the athletes were engaged in a football match, but the attention of two best friends was elsewhere. "I heard there's going to be a prom at the day before Valentine's..."

"WELL GREAT! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ASKED OUT BY NO GUY."

In frustration, Ivy let out a sigh as Ariana comfortingly patted her back and said, "Fugo will definitely ask you out!"

"Yeah, totally. Did you forget that Andrea exists?"

"Oh..."

Ivy and Ariana found themselves at a loss. There was a Valentine's prom before Valentine's Day and they needed to find partners to accompany them. Dresses were also a concern. "What if we go together?"

"Well, I suppose... but what if Andrea and Fugo go together too?" Ivy's spirits dampened by these negative thoughts. "Just forget about them, we have eachother!"

Ivy smiled at Ariana's reassuring words, giving her a tight hug to show how grateful she was to have her as her best friend. "Alright... let's meet up at the plaza after school."

"Sounds good!"
***
Ivy and Ariana were finally at a clothing store, attempting to find themselves an affordable dress. Most of the dresses were priced around $100-200.

"You sure, Iv? Might be too tight for you."

"What else should I wear then? Most of them are either too short or too feminine!"

Ariana sighed at Ivy's complaints. Ivy had a tomboyish taste when it came to dresses. She always preferred long, straight dresses that wouldn't reveal her undergarments or anything private, as she had suffered trauma from that. "Alright... if you say so, bestie." They both chuckled before Ivy noticed someone familiar.

Andrea was at the cash register, trying to purchase a dress for the prom. However, the cashier had to handle some matters, so she had to wait.

"Andrea? It's a surprise... to see you." Ivy approached her, and Andrea looked over at her in surprise. "Yes, it certainly is..." she smiled a little, though her smile seemed insincere. Ivy noticed that Andrea was purchasing a glittery and sparkly dress, assuming that she planned to wear it for someone special.

 Ivy noticed that Andrea was purchasing a glittery and sparkly dress, assuming that she planned to wear it for someone special

"So, do you have a partner to go to prom with?"

"Well, let's just say... you already know him." Andrea smirked, aware that Ivy would become angry and jealous upon hearing that statement. As expected, Ivy froze upon hearing the news. The cashier returned to the cash register, and Andrea proceeded to pay for her dress, making her way towards the exit of the clothing store. Ivy couldn't believe it. Andrea and Fugo were going to prom together.

"Excuse me, miss. Are you ready to pay for your dress?"

Ivy's eyes started welling up with tears as she left her dress on the cash register. But eventually, Ariana noticed her and quickly rushed over to her side. "Ivy, what's wrong? Why are you crying? I thought we were going to find ourselves some dresses for the prom—"