| chapter 10- rooftop Declarations

The next morning, Howaito and the triplets were making their way towards the school rooftop.

"I wonder what Coach wants with us," Takumi stated with his arms behind his head as he walked.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it can't be good if she only called us first years," Takuma shuddered as he remembered the training she gave them after the 4vs4 match they had. The triplet's muscles were still sore but Howaito was secretly even more so because of some other training he had to do after practice.

Howaito just shrugged as they reached rooftop and saw their Coach waiting for them. She had a mischievous smile on her face that sent shivers down all their backs.

"Fu fu fu~ I've been waiting for you first years," Riko said as they lined up in front of her.
"Why did you bring us out here Coach?" Takeshi asked, "The morning assembly is about to start." They looked down from the rooftop and saw many rows of students lined up for the school-wide assembly. The second and third years were looking expectantly on the roof.

☆彡With the third and second years~

"I guess it really has become a tradition then," Hyuuga sighed , "But it did help motivate us for the last two years." Mitobe nodded and Koganei covered Izuki's mouth before he could make another lame pun about it.

"I'm glad we don't have to do it again this year!" Furihata exclaimed out of relief.

"But now I feel sorry for the first years," Fukuda replied. Kuroko mentally grinned as he did not have to do it last year because of the school's interruption.

"It wasn't that bad," Kagami commented as he stared at the roof expectantly. The second-years all sweat-dropped.

"That's because all you think about is basketball, food, and sleep Kagami-kun," Kuroko blankly replied while the three second years snickered in the background. Kagami's eye twitched but kept his mouth shut as he waited for someone to yell from the roof.

☆彡Back to the rooftop~

"You want us to what?!" The triplets and Howaito exclaimed in unison as they heard what their coach wanted them to do.

"You heard me right first years! I want you to declare a big, concrete objective that you will achieve no matter what. Therefore, you will shout your class number, name, and goal for the year!" Riko declared then continued, "If you can't do that here, I'll make you confess to the girl you like completely naked!" The triplets all paled. They almost immediately jumped on the rooftop railing.

"Class 1-A! Seat Numbers 6, 8, and 13! Takumi, Takuma, and Takeshi Amachi! We're going to show everybody our style of basketball!" they declared and jumped back on to the rooftop ground. Riko looked at them in slight amusement then slapped Howaito on his back.

"Your turn next Howaito-kun!" Riko announced.

"Itai Coach!" Howaito yelped but jumped on the rooftop railing too.

"Class 1-A! Seat Number 7! Howaito Asashin! I'm going to-" Howaito was cut off as the door to the roof burst open.
"Just because you won the Winter Cup last year doesn't mean you get to use the roof before a morning assembly!" an old man that looked like one of the teachers shouted. Howaito was pulled off the railing and they were all herded away to the office to get a scolding. The morning assembly then began as the third and second years slightly snickered about what happened.

'What was Howaito about to say?' Kuroko wondered as the morning assembly went on. Meanwhile, Howaito was pouting while they were herding them towards the office.

'I didn't even get to say what my objective was !' Howaito mentally complained as he was being scolded by his homeroom teacher with the triplets.

A/N: Sorry that the chapters are out of order from the anime/manga! It (hopefully) won't happen again in the future. The story is now going to progress! ~HighDefDinosaur

☆彡 EDITED