Chapter 15: The Black Mental Cube

Belfast was not long at all as she returned to your office only a little while later. She was still pushing her trolley around, but this time instead of tea she had a plate full of breakfast for you.

You had to admit with a big meeting today, you had forgotten to go out and get some breakfast. The lack and quality of sleep played a part in that as well.

"I have done as you asked master. Everyone shall gather here in time. For the moment, I must insist that you eat some breakfast." Belfast said as she pushed the trolley against the desk and picked up the plate of food, placing it in front of you.

"Thank you Belfast. I...had completely forgotten about going to eat breakfast. My mind was so preoccupied on this cube." You said as Belfast chuckled and shook her head.

"Oh master...whatever am I going to do with you, hm? Though I cannot blame you. The stresses of being a commander come quickly and are relentless." She said while placing a hand on your head.

"Which is why it is always best to have a maid by your side to help steer you back on track. Especially when it comes to your personal health and wellbeing." The head maid continued, slowly and gently running her fingers through your hair.

"And I appreciate you Belfast. You've helped me settle down better than I would've done had I not had you by my side." You said, looking up at her with a smile.

"Indeed. Now please master, eat up." Belfast said.

You didn't need a second invitation to start digging into the food she had brought you. The maid stayed by your side as you ate, keeping you company as she continued to gently comb her fingers through your hair.

For a while you were too busy eating your breakfast to notice that the maid was still combing your hair. Your lack of awareness seemed to amuse her too as a smirk spread across her face.

"I wonder if I just do...this..." She thought as she moved her hands down to your shoulders.

It was then that you finally realised what was going on and jumped a little in your seat. Your reaction caused Belfast to giggle as she gently massaged your shoulders.

"Relax master...I was wondering how long it would take you to realise that I hadn't actually stopped running my fingers through your hair." She said with a smile.

"A-Ahah...I-I was so caught up in eating that I didn't realise. Guess I was hungrier than I thought..." You said, a hint of nervousness in your voice which the maid easily picked up on.

"I understand. I do not wish to disturb you while you are eating. I just couldn't help it." Belfast said as she continued to massage your shoulders.

The two of you remained there in silence for a little while as you tried to get back to eating, finding Belfast's massage to be quite calming. It was definitely easing a lot of tension that you were holding, and she could tell that by the way you were slowly sinking into your seat.

"Hmm...I should've known that you have been quite tense. You do a good job at hiding your stress. You know you can loosen up a bit, especially around me, master." Belfast said, still smiling widely as she rubbed your shoulders.

"I-I know. I just don't know when would be an appropriate time. It's not like I can just put everything down and stop. This port is not simple to run and I'm starting to figure that out more and more each day!" You said, venting a little to Belfast as the opportunity had presented itself.

"That is what your secretary is there for. Miss Enterprise is there to help you with any duties you have around the port. That way, you aren't overstretched." The maid said.