Chapter 8: A Swift Impact

The weather decided to clear up again by the time the fleet returned to the base. Not wanting to waste any time you were at the docks when they all returned to greet them. But you were mainly there for one reason.

"Enterprise!" You called out to the Eagle Union carrier as she disembarked from her ship and onto the dock.

Hearing you call out to her did take her by surprise a little, but she quickly brushed aside her shock and composed herself to greet you back.

"Hello Commander." She said, kind of knowing what was going to follow.

"Are you okay?! What happened out there? Just how deep does the damage on your ship go?!" You exclaimed as you stopped in front of her.

"I am fine. There are more pressing matters that we have to attend to right now. The two Dragon Empery girls have viral information that we need to hear." Enterprise said.

You sighed as you conceding, knowing that Enterprise was not going to budge at all. You hadn't known her for too long, but you were already used to how stubborn she was.

"Fine yes, of course. But once that is out of the way, we are doing a checkup!" You said firmly, asserting your authority.

"Let's hear what these girls have to say then." You said, gesturing for Enterprise to follow which she did.

As you walked you passed by Vestal who was on her way to begin repairs on the damaged ships. You glanced at her and spoke as you walked past.

"I'm sorry Vestal. This all might take you a while." You said.

"You don't have to worry about it you know! It is my job after all!" She said quickly so you could hear her before you walked too far away.

"At least she knows what she is doing and has enough help. Hopefully we can find a way to make her job a lot easier in the future." You wait, pondering on that thought for a moment before putting it to one side again.

However as you were walking, you glanced back and could see the tired expression on Enterprise's face. That coupled with the damage to her ship, made it clear to you that you could not rush her into anything.

And so you stopped walking and turned around to face her, catching her off guard a little as she tilted her head.

"C-Commander? Why did you stop?" She asked.

"You've pushed yourself hard today Enterprise. Plus the damage to your ship is extensive. It's at a point where I need to put a foot down." You said with a smile as you walked up to her.

"Go to your dorm and get some rest." Your words seemed to shock Enterprise some more as she shook her head.

"I cannot. We must hear what the Dragon Empery girls have to say! The information they have could be vital!" She tried to counter, but halted in her tracks when you raised your hand up.

"Those two girls have been through a lot of trauma. We can't expect them to be able to have an important meeting right now!" You said.

"Now go to your room and rest Enterprise. That is an order." You stated firmly to try and assert your authority.

Enterprise was silent for a moment before she exhaled and nodded her head.

"Fine...if it is an order from you Commander...then I shall fulfil it." She said.

"Thank you Enterprise. And do not worry, I will call for you if I need you." You said as you watched Enterprise nod again before turning on her heels and walking back towards her dorm.

As Enterprise walked, she glanced back at you through the corner of her eye.

"I did not expect the Commander to be this way. I really thought that there would be very little discussion about things over than missions and combat. But so far, it seems to be very much the opposite." She thought.