Chapter 13: Confrontation

A thick fog started to set in as the Azur Lane fleet approached the island where Sheffield and Edinburgh were under siege. It was so hard to see that you had to rely on radar to know where you were going.

Thankfully one of the Eagle Union cruisers, Helena was able to help the entire fleet navigate their way to the destination, which was a small island that had been abandoned long ago when the war against the sirens first broke out.

"Woah, there are so many buildings on such a tiny island!" Oklahoma, one of the Eagle Union battleships said as she viewed the recon footage of the island on a tablet that was in her hands.

Battleship Oklahoma

"Well there were probably quite a lot of people living on there at one point." Helena said.

Light Cruiser Helena

"All the buildings are in ruins too..." A solemn Sam Diego spoke as she too viewed the pictures of the island.

"Yes, unfortunately like many other human settlements, this one had to be abandoned when the sirens first attacked. Who knows how long they've been empty." Helena said, saddening San Diego some more who let out a sad sigh.

"It's really sad...all those humans that must've had to flee because of how scared they were...why do the sirens do this?" The light cruiser asked.

"I don't think anyone has found out the reason yet." Your voice came from around the corner as you joined the three girls, taking a look at the pictures on San Diego's tablet as you walked over.

"The more we fight the sirens, the closer we potentially get to an answer. But for the moment...we just have to keep searching for those answers." You said.

"Yeah...I guess we do." San Diego said before putting the tablet down and looking up at you.

"Did you ever have to flee from the sirens commander? Was your home ever destroyed like those buildings on the island?" She asked, Helena and Oklahoma looked on in interest.

"No. My family still lives in the exact same place I grew up in. I guess we're lucky in that sense. The poor people who lived here had to flee for their lives because of what the sirens are capable of." You said.