five. project rebirth?

☆─────────── ⋆⋅ ⍟ ⋅⋆ ───────────☆

{five. project rebirth?}

☆─────────── ⋆⋅ ⍟ ⋅⋆ ───────────☆

The next morning, Tony and Bruce feel much more energized. They both meet in the lab bright and early and are running numbers while bouncing ideas off of each other.

Tony is looking at an overhead monitor while Bruce types away at his laptop.

"Let's run through what we've got one more time."

Bruce has a word document pulled up with bullet points of information running down the page.

Tony exhales, annoyed since he just went through this about thirty seconds ago.

"We were able to send her back in time by harnessing enough power from both the compound AND the sun." He points a pen in the direction of the window, where the sun is rising from.

"And we haven't figured out a way to harness the power of the sun in a small enough form so that when we're in the past, we can get back."

Bruce covers his eyes with his hands, hoping to find an answer to their problem in the darkness.

"Bruce!" Tony throws his pen down on the table, causing him to jump. "Why don't we just bring materials to the past and build a new time machine there!"

Tony holds his arms out wide, palms up.

"That would be a good idea.." Bruce rubs his eyes, "except for the fact that we're not sure everything that's teleported actually ends up in the same place."

Tony drops his arms to his sides.

"And," Bruce continues, looking at Tony. "Even if they all did land in the same spot, there isn't enough technology back then to actually build it." Bruce shakes his head apologetically. "On top of that, there most definitely is not a power source that can harness enough power to send three adults back to the future."

Tony says nothing.

"Once more, on top of THAT, let's say it all did work, you'd then have to rely on someone to destroy the time machine or else others might get ahold of it and cause even more problems."

Tony realizes how stupid his idea is. He was just hoping it would be a quick and easy solution but Bruce is right. It would cause way more problems than it would solve.

"Hold on,"

Tony begins, a bit of spark back in his tone.

"The power source might not be that big of a problem."

"What do you mean?" Bruce crosses his arms.

"When Steve became all macho man, they used the power of the entire city. My father only told me about it a hundred times." He rolls his eyes.

"Would we get clearance to use the entire city of Brooklyn's power for no reason?" He flicks his hand in the air.

"Hello to my two favorite science bros!"