x.

" Don't Ashwin. " ignoring her, he sat on the seat reserved for Nihar, leaning down to whisper vicious words.

" But sweetheart, I haven't done anything, yet. " his cruel smirk make her skin crawl, " I see you've moved on. Hmm. Moved on from a pretty lot of things. "

" Listen- " Sanchita breathed hard, Nihar was not on his spot, " -let's not create a scene here. I don't want any of those terrible moments again. That phase is over. We are over- "

" Oh c'mon. You think I'll go all devdas over you and keep praying for you to come back. Silly girl. " Ashwin tapped her nose, with a mocking smile, " I'm engaged to Erisha Rai Singhania, daughter of Suraj Singhania, the multi-millionaire heiress of Singhania Corporation. Sorry to break your bubble, but I'm reserved. " his intention was to show her her place, for once she had left him, to go after her passion.

Afterall, what did her stupid passion brought her?

Homeless and moneyless with almost no ties with her family. Should have been in a better condition, if she'd accepted his offer of leaving everything behind, marry him and have nice little children to look after. But alas, she choosed otherwise, and left her safe zone, trying to reach a goal, she would never achieve.

My poor brainless ex-girlfriend!

Ashwin was so lost in his thoughts, laughing with profound hatred that he didn't expected the answer in return, " Kitne mein kharida hain tumhe? "

" What? " Sanchita leaned to give him a blank stare.

" I mean, how much Mr. Singhania paid you to be his ghar-jamai? Afterall he needed a lifelong butler to look after his princess of a daughter. You may have filled the position pretty good huh? "

" How fucking dare you to talk to me like that! "

" Voice down, Ashwin. I'm not the young stupid girl anymore, who'd take anything from her boyfriend, just because she's blindly in love with him. I'm a dignified woman now, with self respect much bigger than your pea sized brain. Got it? " he was struck by the transformation of a meek girl to this version in front of him, but regained his senses back, quickly.

" Are you sure though? " Sanchita frowned not understanding a thing, " Are you sure that this time, your choice's correct? " he pointed his thumb towards the direction where Nihar was standing previously.

She remained silent, gauging out the malice behind those words.

Not getting his desired reaction, he instigated her further, " The girl so much in love with music, with rhythm, has chosen a deaf person as her lover. Imagine, she's creating music, but her lover won't be able to appreciate cause he's deaf, bloody impaired. What do you think? What'll happen next? Will she go into depression, coping up with an abnormal person or she'll leave like a selfish bitch, trying to find her ' anchor ', as you mentioned last time? "

He smiled noticing her clenched fists over the table, " I think it's the latter one, though this time it'll be reasonable. I mean, it's not easy to live with such kind of person- "

" Tsk tsk tsk, I felt pity. " she interrupted.

" Huh? "

" Even after years, your mentality hadn't changed. You're the same scoundrel, that you're before. Maintaining consistency I see. " she chuckled.

" You- "

" Enough of yours. Now, let me talk some sense into your brain, if you got any for that matter. Nihar, can and will, never be compared to you. You know why? Because he's got something, that you can never possess. Sensibility. He's the most sensible guy, I could ever imagine. And he'd done things, that you could never, ever imagine. That guy may have auditory impairment, but you have impairment in this part of your anatomy. Mental impairment. " she pointed at his brain, " His impairment can be fixed but yours? You're just a  gone-case or a nut-case, if you ask me. "

Ashwin was on the verge of an angry outburst. But seeing an equally confident and loud spoken Sanchita had instilled fear within him.

" And about the question of me being with Nihar? I'm satisfied with him, just being there for me. I don't need him to appreciate me for my music, because I know he respected my passion and whatever I'll do for myself. He'll consider helping me out, rather than degrading me and my work. He'll gladly be my anchor, while I sail into the depths of my passion. And that, I can assure you Ashwin Bhanot. " she released the breath that she'd been holding for long and get up from the seat, with a mock smile.

" It's nice meeting you after so long Ashwin, now I must take my leave. I need to pick up naani from a relative's house, with my boyfriend. " she stopped after walking a little away from the table where Ashwin was seething in anger, " Oh, and you must leave too. Miss Singhania might need her butler to do her chores. Ameer log hain na, bohut saare kapde bhi toh honge dhone ke liye, don't be late dear. Kahin paise na katt jaye, hmm? " and strotted off the cafe, paying the bill.

When she reached the parking lot, she realised that she'd not come here alone, for the car was missing along with it's owner. She dialled Nihar's number, but it showed the device unreachable at that moment. She hailed an autoricshaw and told the man to make it quick to her location, as a foreboding feeling make her gut twist.

The vase met the wall with a loud crash and break into many pieces. But not more than his heart. He pulled the covers roughly from the bed, stomped the pillows, threw things from the table top. His room was a big mess by now. But not more than he was.

A mess, bloody heartbroken mess!

Earlier at the cafe, he heard half of the conversation between Sanchita and that guy, who seemed to be her ex, discreetly, hiding from their view. He heard, when he was called impaired again and again. He heard, when he was called undeserving for her. He heard all that, the guy uttered. Unfortunately, he didn't hear what Sanchita had to say in return. He didn't had any courage left by then.

He shouldn't have been affected by this, he knew that. But the words, they're not entirely false. Sanchita deserves more, much more than an ' abnormal ' person like him. And it hurt him like hell, that he isn't enough for her.

Nihar yelled, punching the floor he'd been sitting immobile, numb to any other pain than his heart. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he felt his breath quicken. He felt the need to scratch out the hearing aids and throw them to the far corner of the world and get buried in his deafening silence once again, away from the horrors of his life, away from his love.

His hand stopped in mid air when a startled voice -the voice he'd love to hear for the rest of his life- entered his ears, " Nihar? "

~•~

Updated!!!! The end is near I see and also a confession. What's your views about how their story should end? Any idea for the proposal?
Do vote and support guys. Constructive criticism is welcomed. ☺❤