ix.

Her eyes were narrowed to slits, when Vishakha laughed at what her husband said. Ofcourse, the laughter was a fake girly one, but well, her husband was too stupid to notice that, apparently. At this moment, she wanted to snatch him and lock him up in their chamber, away from the clutches of this witch.

Earlier, when she'd went to the courtroom to meet Mrityunjay, he was too busy to even glance at her, and by the time, he was free from work, Vishakha already had her hands on him.

Mritunjay, upon meeting his childhood friend, after a long time was excited and their conversation went on for hours, all the while Geetanjali trailing behind them like a clueless puppy..Mritunjay would try to involve her in their conversation, but soon Vishakha would take his attention back to their old memories.

In the lunch time, Lekha joined the three of them. Sometimes, she would give hints about the marriage of Vishaka and sometimes, she would say how good Mrityunjay and Vishakha were looking together. The princess would blush away, while her husband would laugh it off casually.

How can be her husband so dumb? Can't he see, what she's trying to do?

" Aaj humein Gauravgarh dikhane lein chalenge na Jay? " she choked on the morsel she'd been swallowing.

Mrityunjay got up and rubbed her back, Lekha offered her water, " Aap thik hain Geetanjali? " she nodded, washing off the mist that had covered her orbs.

As they continued eating again, Vishakha probed for an answer, " Boliye na Jay, dikhayenge na humein? " Mrityunjay opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted again, " Itna toh aap apne priya sakhi ke liye kar hi saktein hain na, aur agar kuch karya hoga toh, Maharaj aur Ranima toh hain hi. "

Mrityunjay looked at his wife. When her eyes made contact with his, she gave him an overly-sweet smile, the one that indicated him that he's in great trouble. She looked away the next second, while he just kept looking at her, blinking at what just transpired between them.

" Woh kya hain ki humein kuch karya se sena-adhyaksh ke saath ek jagah jaana hain. Issi karan hum aapko bhraman ke liye nahin le jaa payenge. Humein kshama kariyega, parantu woh karya thoda mahatvapurn hain, kisi aur ke dwaara karwaana uchit nahin hoga. Kyu na aap ma aur Geetanjali ke saath chali jayein, issi bahane woh dono bhi thoda ghum lenge. " though it's not what Vishakha wanted but nevertheless, forced a smile on her face and nodded.

Geetanjali was thanking the military commander in her mind and was passing by a corner when, she was pulled behind the curtains, " Shor mat kijiye, hum hain. "

" Ek rajkumar ko aisi harkatein shobha nahin deti. Chhodiye ab humein, warna aapki priya sakhi ko bura lag jayga. " the emphasis on priya sakhi made him chuckle.

" Aapko irsha kartein dekh mann ko bada accha lag rahan hain. " Mrityunjay inclined her face and leaned in, to have a taste of her luscious lips.

Initially, Geetanjali too had closed her eyes, melting at her husband's touch, but remembered his earlier actions and pushed him by his chest, " Har baar yeh karke aap humein nahin mana sakte. " freeing herself from his hold, she walked away.

Mrityunjay leaned on the wall, placed a hand on his heart and sighed closing his eyes. A small smile playing at the corner of his lips.

His wife would be his death someday!

" Jay hamesha hamare liye kamal ke phool todkar laate, jab bhi hum kamal-sarovar ki aur sair par nikalte the. Humein tairna jo nahin aata tha. Bohut khayal rakhte the hamara woh. " Lekha smiled, while Geetanjali rolled her eyes at the princess.

The three women reached the lake, which was known for it's cultivation of lotus flowers. Their eyes behold the sight of the magnificent flowers, some fully bloomed, some just mere buds, but all enhancing the beauty of the lake. The clear water of the lake gave away the view of fishes, big and small, swimming freely in the vast expanse of water. The boats rowed at the far end, of the lake gave it a scenic beauty.

All the three of them were lost in it, until Vishakha spoke out, " Humein bhi ek phool chahiye. " she looked here and there, looking for someone who could bring her one, " Kaash Jay hamare saath aate. " and started walking to the shoreline of the lake.

" Aage sarovar gehra hain rajkumari, aur phislaon bhi hain, aapka iss tarah se jaana surakshit nahin. Shighra laut aaiye aap. " Geetanjali expressed her concern looking at the dept of the waters.

" Kuch nahin hoga humein. Hum jante hain kahan jaana uchit hai aur kahan nahin. Hum bass yun gaye aur- " she squated on the extreme edge of the lake and spread her arms to make it reach the flowers, when accidentally she slipped down, losing her balance.

For a moment, everything was silent except the splash of water, but then Lekha cried out for help. " Koi bachao unhe, rajkumaari Vishakha paani me gir gayi hain. Koi hain? "

A few men working nearby, rushed to her side, and upon noticing the gravity of the situation, ran to the boats for the rescue.

Seeing that, they'll take quite some time to unrow the boats and soar it to where, the princess is struggling, Geetanjali decided to do something by herself. Removing the extra jewelry and heavy dupatta from her body, she jumped into the lake. Another cry leave Lekha's mouth, as she saw what just Geetanjali had done, " Geetanjali nahin. "

Vishakha was in distress, flapping her arms and legs, she struggled hard to keep floating but soon, that made her exhausted. Her eyes become blurry, due to the water and tears flowing rapidly from her eyes, she could see no help coming her way. Soon dizziness hovered her senses and her movements ceased. Before her subconscious self could drown herself in the depth, a fragile arm wrapped around her and patted her cheek.

All she could feel before blacking out was someone holding her and making their way, slowly yet steadily towards the bank.

~•~

That's why we shouldn't be daring, aur paani se dur hi raho * this is coming from a semi-hydrophobic person *. Anyways how's the chapter? Don't forget to leave reviews. Please do vote and support. Constructive criticism is welcomed. ☺❤