vii

Geetanjali kept sitting in her chamber, lost in her thoughts. Her sister, whom she'd bid farewell a few hours ago, had asked her to come over their home. She wanted to visit her parents too, she missed her mother. And about her father, despite he being distant towards her, she still missed him.

It's not that, her in-laws don't allow her. It's just her father and his orthodox views. Only if her father was a bit considerate towards her feelings. Only if he hadn't gifted her to the king of Gauravgarh, then she would've been in her home by now.

But then, she wouldn't had experienced, what love feels like-

Just then, the man of her thoughts appeared in the chamber. She smiled at him, as he sat beside her, " Aapne abhi tak bhojan nahin kiya? "

" Woh bass iccha nahin thi. " now she couldn't say that her stomach was full of his mother's bitter words, could she?

" Rajkumari Mrinmayee ke prasthan ke karan dukhi haina aap? " she nodded leaning against his shoulder, " Accha toh kyu na hum bhraman ke liye chale? Aapki mann ki sthiti bhi kuch- "

" Hum taiyaar hain. " she stood in front of him, jumping with excitement.

He chuckled before continuing, " Aise jayenge toh saara dhyaan aapki aur aakarshit hoga. Humein sadaharan vastra paridhaan karna hain. "

Saying so he called an attendee, asking her to help Geetanjali in getting ready, and went out to prepare a few things himself.

A few minutes later, they're already on the way to the main town of Gauravgarh. Dressed as simple as ever, Geetanjali hold her stomach and burst out laughing, while Mrityunjay glared at her.

" Humein pata nahin tha ki aapko bhi ranima se darr lagta hain. " he glared at her more.

" Agar unhe pata chalta ki hum sadharan poshak pehen kar, sadharan nagarwasi ki tarah bhraman karne nikle hain, tab aapko lagta hain woh hamare praan baksh deti? Isiliye hum- "

" -mahal ke piche wale dwaar se nikal aaye, haina? " she giggled.

" Thik hain, humpe baad mein hass lijiyega. Ab bataiye, jaana kahan hain? " he covered her face a little with the dupatta and adjusted his fake moustache.

" Bhairav mandir chalein? " she'd visited that temple before too, but today it'll be like a common citizen, with no royal treatment.

When they reached the bustling town market, passing through which the temple of Lord Shiva is located, she hold his hand in nervousness, " Koi pehchanega toh nahin na? "

" Jab vyakti ko apne parivaar ko dene ke liye hi samay nahin hain, tab bhala humein pehchanne ke liye kaun samay nasht karega? Aap nichint rahiye. " he guided her through the market, and like a child in awe, she kept looking here and there.

From the stalls to the fruit vendors, everyone was busy calling customers to their shop. She could also see a few girls ogling at her husband. Shooting daggers by her eyes, she scowled at their audacity, and wrapped her arms around his, possesively. As they keep walking among the crowds, a disturbing scene caught her attention.

A man, who seems like a vendor, was yelling at a skinny man, who was folding his hands in front of him. Suddenly, the vendor took hold of a stick and hit the fellow, but his painful scream was swallowed by the noisy crowd. She didn't get to know what happened after that, as Mrityunjay walked themselves out of the mass of people, now to the visible pathway of the temple.

They joined the long line of devotees going towards the temple, and after waiting patiently, they got the blessings of Lord Shiva. After taking the prashad, they sat near the stairs to have a moment of peace, in the serene environment of the temple.

" Aapko pata hain- " she turned towards him, " -bhagwaan Shiv ka aur ek naam Mrityunjay bhi hain. "

" Lagta hain aapne bhi aur ladkiyon ki tarah solaah somvaar ka vrat rakha tha, tabhi saakshaat Shivji jaise swaami mile hain. " she smiled at his words, accepting that, he's no less than any god for her.

Their happy moment got interrupted, when they heard a commotion outside the temple gate. Reaching there, they saw one of the priest scolding a woman, who'd a little girl by her side.

Involuntarily, Geetanjali moved forward and heard their conversation, " Panditji, hum aapse vinati karte hain, humein mandir mein pravesh karne dijiye. Hum apne santaa- "

" Murkh stree, tumhe itna bhi nahin pata? Yaha par sirf suddh aur pavitra mann ke bhakton ko hi pravesh karne ki anumati hain. Tum jaisi apsagun logon ka yaha aana nishedh hain. "

" Aisa na karein, pair parte hain aapke- "

" Bhali bhaati yahan se issi kshan chali ja, anyatha humare paas aur bhi upaai hain. "

The woman cast a longing glance at the old priest, and the people surrounding her. But, upon getting no response, she started walking back holding the hand of her child, when she was stopped midway by a voice.

" Ruko " all the people including the priest, look at Geetanjali as she stepped out of the people towards the gate.

" Tum janti bhi ho, tum kya kar rahin ho? " the priest blocked her way.

" Ji hum jante hain, aur hum yeh bhi jante hain ki inhe bhagwaan ke darshan kar unka aashirvaad lena hain. Aur aapko unse unka bhagwaan chinne ka koi adhikaar nahin hain. " Geetanjali said with firmness and led the woman to the temple.

Once coming out, she told the woman to return to her home. The woman bent to touch Geetanjali's feet.

" Arre, aisa nahin karte. Yeh toh hamara kartavya tha. "

The priest scowled at her," Ab iss poore mandir ki shuddhi karni padegi. " and started chanting some prayers.

" Shuddhi aapke mann ki karne ki aavashyakta hain, panditji. " not letting him say a thing, she continued further, " Humein pata hain ki aap iss mandir ke pradhan purohit hain, aur mandir ke dekh-rekh ka daitvya aapko samarpit kiya gaya hain. Par aapse yeh prarthana hain panditji, kisike karmon ka vichaar aap na karein. Uske liye bhagwaan hain. Kshama kariyega agar humne aapse avadra tarike se baat ki hain toh, par aapko kuch baaton ka abhaas dilana uchit laga. " Geetanjali joined her hands, and started retreating, leaving a fuming priest behind, when a stone hit her hard on her elbow.

She hissed, holding her elbow, where a bluish bruise was slowly forming.

" Itni himmat teri! Pradhan purohit se aise baat karti hain. " the man who'd thrown the stone, took predatory steps towards her, but before he could as much as touch her hair, he was thrown back forcefully.

The man, raging like a bull, tried to throw a punch at the intruder, but was hit back more brutally. Wincing, he hold his nose and look up at the man, whose eyes are enough to burn down his whole existence.

" Lajja nahin aati, ek stree pe haath uthate huye? " he went towards Geetanjali and checked her bruises.

" Kaun ho tum?" the priest narrowed his eyebrows in suspicion, since the man seemed somewhat familiar.

Discarding his moustache, Mritunjay fully turned towards the people and the priest, " Ab bhi puchhenge hum kaun hain, panditji? "

~•~

Another update!!!! Enjoy it and don't forget to give your reviews.
Please do vote, comment and support. Constructive criticism is welcomed. ☺❤