Chapter 25 BURROW

RON watched, jaw dropped, as Hermione chat to his mother almost as if nothing had occurred in their last semester at Hogwarts. She had asked them to allow her to be the one to break the news to the Weasleys. Today was as good a day as any, especially since she was expected at the Ministry to take official photos that would go into the Daily Prophet.

"Molly, Arthur – Weasley clan" she started in a joking tone before getting serious. "I wanted you all to hear this from me. Before you heard it from someone else" there was worried glances around the room. Hermione had never felt so nervous in her life, the news of her attack from Parkinson, had definitely made the affair more difficult. She had spent the first fifteen minutes trying to assure Molly that she was fine.

Hermione took in a deep breath before confirming in her head that she knew exactly what she had to do. There was nothing else to it, but to get it done.

"I can just start by saying that. I am not under the influence of any spells, charms, or potions. I have read all the books that I could get my hands on and deciphered all the evidence. I am in a relationship with Draco Malfoy" she stated finally, making sure her voice came out levelled. She felt nerves build up as she was met with more silence. "I do hope you can all learn to support my decision and know that I am very happy with Draco Malfoy, to whom I have started seeing". The Burrow had never been this quiet before, and Hermione waited patiently for someone to say something

"We trust you Hermione" Harry was the first to speak and gave her a soft hug.

"I don't understand, you turned me down for the ferret?" Ron mumbled to himself. However, everyone heard.

"This isn't making any sense" George piped in, "you aren't really giving us much to work with".

There were many shared looks around the room. Hermione wanted to give them space to say whatever it was that they needed to say.

"So, I am asking you to trust me. That I know what I am doing, and perhaps if you cannot support Malfoy, then to support me".

"What about that scar then? You going to put everything they did to you behind you." Ron asked. It was a horrible question to ask, and she hated him for saying the words.

"You once trusted me with your life Ron. You don't need to trust Draco. You don't know him..."

"Do you?" she knew he was trying to be smart. They appeared to have only known each other for a semester. She tried to not smile at the many memories of Draco that riddled in her mind.

"I know him better than I know myself" she stared blankly. Ron had not been prepared to hear her say that. "I really am sorry Ron" she added quickly. Molly stood up and brought Hermione into a warm hug, it felt humbling to have the matriarch of the Weasley clan on her side. A weight had been lifted from her shoulders now that they knew.

It was strange to tell people about their 'relationship' when they were so early in getting to know each other. Sure, the timelines had helped to paint a picture of what sort of character's they each were, and their general mannerisms and likes. But ultimately this life had shaped them into specific versions of themselves that they needed to get acquainted with.

"I wanted to tell you all before the article came out. Kingsley informed me that the daily prophet had picked up the story, that it could cause a stir" she said looking down.

"You are joking" Ron mumbled. Harry could tell Hermione wasn't comfortable with the decision, Harry sent her an apologetic look, to which she shrugged.

"I have nothing to hide, just wished that it wasn't made into such a big thing" she told Harry and Ginny softly

"I think anything you three do is going to be a big think. Did he give you a chance to see it, at least?" Hermione shook her head.

"It's good that he told you at least, so you could be ready" Harry tried to reason. Ready with what exactly she did not know. There was an awkward air in the house, to which Hermione excused herself to leave and returned to school.