Chapter 10

✟ 𝙀𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙧 ✟

Maybe I shouldn't snoop.

Too late.

A couple minutes after Olivia and Indria went upstairs I slipped away from the table to follow them. I was about to make an appearance when I heard my name mentioned.

"He told me that he couldn't date me because I cared more about Ethan than I did him. Apparently I talked about Ethan 24/7 when we were dating."

"I also accidentally called him Ethan."

My heart completely stopped.

What.

She can't do this to me.

There's no way.

She spoke again

"Ugh we were out getting icecream, and he kept trying to lick mine. I was laughing so hard I didn't even realize that I called him Ethan. I don't laugh that hard unless I'm with him, so it was a reflex."

Suck my dick, Nick.

I genuinely couldn't believe what I was hearing. There's no way she liked me. This whole 'crush' thing is like we're middle schoolers. It's embarrassing I like her this much.

I'm not going to believe this. I can't. As much as I'm already hopelessly in love with her, I can't let our friendship die.

"ETHAN COME DOWN HERE" I immediately ran down the stairs, in order not to get caught.

"What?" Mom was motioning me towards the door.

"Your Dad just stormed out because Kenji called your grandfather a dilf. So we might wanna leave."

"Oh-"

............................................................................

2 days before the party

"Will you come with me?"

"To where darling?"

"The mall. I wanna get a new dress for Adam's stupid party."

"You've gotten 5 different dresses since June, are you sure you need more?"

"Fine. I'll go by myself."

"Okay damn I'll go."

I had convinced myself that what I heard wasn't real. That I was just imagining things because I'm delusional. We had been hanging out when our parents didn't take us places, which was mostly in the mornings and evenings. I tried to distract myself by doing other things. I think I had mastered the art of skating. I already knew how but Olivia didn't need to know that. I started crocheting, and hanging out with my Dad in the gym more often.