The Prototype

I cried into Catnap's matted purple fur. I didn't know how else to convince him to leave with me. All I could do was cry.

"Please, Catnap. . . Please just come with me. . . We can leave together!" I knew my words weren't getting through is plastic skull. All he did was hug me, nothing else, as if he was thinking of a way to explain a reason for his actions.

"Join me Y/N, worship the Prototype just as I do. . . He will save you, too." He said as if me crying and pleading to him was pointless in the long run.

"UGH! Prototype this! Prototype that! Can't you see he's using you?! I'm not going to worship a stupid failed toy!" I exclaimed to him. I know his expression never changed, but his eyes. . . His eyes looked so lifeless yet full of rage that I rejected his offer.

"If you don't join. . . I will do to you what I did to Dogday and the others." He said so monotoned, emotionless even. . .

"You'd kill your best friend over some stupid asshole who only cares about himself?" I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes, a lump forming at the back of my throat, struggling to swallow.

He nodded. . . He just stood there, nodding, as if he couldn't give a crap about anything. I took a couple of steps back, limping a little because of my ankle.

"So if he told you to kill me. . . You'd do it?" I asked him with next to know feeling. I could tell I lost Theo, and it was too late to bring him back. I wanted him to say his answer from before.

"I. . . I can't hurt you. . . But yet again, I don't want him to be disappointed in me. . ." Catnap sat down, looking as if he was struggling to decide who to go with. I approach him and hold his giant head in my hands, and I kiss his little nose.

"Please Theo, I want my best friend back. Yes, you've made some mistakes, but I'll be here for you, but I can only do that if you come with me instead of the Prototype" I started to feel as if my words were slowly processing in his brain.

"But. . . He saved me. He wouldn't use me for his own bidding." I sighed as I felt him nuzzle into my hands, clearly wanting some comfort. I pet his head, and he did a low purring sound, exactly like a cat.

"And what about me? I came back here, ran away from a killer Dogday. . . For you." I watched him look up at me, now it was clicking on why I came here in the first place.

"You came back. . . For me?" I smiled and nodded, I showed him the letter I received. "Someone sent this to me saying you were still here." He looked at me and then nuzzled his head into me more.

"I'm not sure who sent that to you." He said to me while he was nuzzling. I froze. If Catnap didn't send me it, then who did?

"Catnap, are there any scientists still alive?" I hoped he would say yes, but yet again, I didn't, but he shook his head. "They were all killed in the Hour of Joy."

I sat on the ground next to the cuddling purple purring mountain, and I tried to think. I thought it could've been Craftycorn, but she writes in colours. This looked as if it was with a fountain pen.

And it couldn't have been Dogday or Catnap since well, Catnap said he didn't do it, and Dogday looked as if he was stuck there for a while. And Catnap said it wasn't any of the scientists, so who else could it be?

"The Prototype. . ." I mumbled to myself. Surprisingly, Catnap didn't hear me. But it all made sense. He'd want to kill people who have escaped the facility during the Hour of Joy.

I looked up at Catnap with sad eyes, I didn't want to tell him what I thought, but yet again, maybe he could help me leave before I get killed by his so called 'saviour'.

"Catnap. . . It was the Prototype. It makes sense that he'd want to kill off people who escaped so the outside world wouldn't know about what was happening here." Catnap stared at me and then looked away, as if he didn't want to believe it.

"Please Theo, please help me, I'll show you how wrong the Prototype is, and I'll take care of you. . . Please believe me."

(Hey guys, so I know this chapter is a bit late and short but I hope you all like it and yes, I know certain things aren't mentioned in the game but I just wanted to add my own twist to it but I hope you all enjoy! ❤️🌸)