Forgiveness

I stood up, taking a deep breath and preparing for whatever would happen next. . . All he did was stand there, staring, waiting, as if he was a predator waiting for his prey to move into the right position before the pounce.

He then put his paw on my head and made me look at Dogday, and then I felt sick to my stomach. Small smiling critter dolls crawled inside the stomach, eye sockets, and mouth of Dogday, and all I could do was be forced to watch.

It was horrific. It's as if I watched a murder take place before me, and I'm just supposed to do nothing. The screaming, the struggle of him jerking around trying to break free, the memories came back from the Hour of Joy.

"RUN!" Dogday screamed at me. All Catnap did was stand and watch me. My instincts kicked in, and I ran, Dogday being controlled and crawled after me surprisingly quickly.

"Dammit, Catnap!" I mentally yelled at myself. I ran down the corridors, and I ended up tripping over a dead Bunzo Bunny toy.

"Crap!" I ended up twisting my ankle, and Dogday closed in on me. "Dogday! Snap out of it!" I begged. I couldn't lose another friend. I then saw a lever next to me, and I pulled it. A giant shutter slammed down and blocked him off on the other side.

I lay on my back, panting, tears fill my eyes, and blurring my vision yet again. I then heard a little jingle and opened my eyes to see Catnap standing over me.

"Why. . .?" I asked with a shakey breath. "He didn't believe in my saviour." He said bluntly. I tried to stand and I put all my wait on my other leg.

"Then why keep me alive?! I don't agree with any of your saviour bullshit and yet you keep me alive!" I said with rage and spite in my voice.

"I care more about you than those deceivers." I was taken back from his answer, and I looked down, not sure how to take it all in

"You were my first friend. . . You used to talk to me all the time when the children ran away in fear. . . For some reason. . . I couldn't kill you. . ." He said the last part as if it was a nuisance to him.

"Catnap, please. . . I can help you get out of here, I can try and fix you!" I said, determined, wanting to fix my old best friend. All he did was stand there, staring at me. Obviously, it was hard to read his facial expression since he's, well, always smiling, but deep down, I could tell he wanted to listen.

"Rejoyce in the Hour of Joy. . . Y/N." He said sinisterly, sending shivers down my spine. "If you bathe in our glory, you'll understand too."

I mentally sighed to myself, now understanding that he just cares about the Prototype and his ideals.

"So if the Prototype told you to kill me. . . Would you do it?" I felt hopeless, already knowing his answer.

"No. . . Y/N, I care about you so much. . . When I couldn't find you after what happened, I blamed myself if you got killed. . . But when I saw you, I felt whole again, like a missing piece had been found." Catnap said to me with so much love and passion in his voice.

I approached Catnap with a bit of a limp, him just standing there watching my inconsistent movements. I could tell he was confused on what I was doing and I then hugged him, crying into his matted fur.

"Please Catnap. . . Come home with me. . . I miss you Theo." I cried, all emotions overwhelming my brain at once. I felt him sit on the ground and pick me up, hugging me close.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. . . I can't. . . But please, forgive me."