08

Haeun feels agitated. Her right hand fingers tapping on the table, while she's biting the fingernails of the other. She's been staring at her laptop and not doing anything with it since she arrived at the company.

She was required to stay in her office the whole day and do the paperworks. But all she can think about is The Boyz showcase and what could possibly happen to the group with a trio of sasaengs around them.

She stood up and left her office. Her feet lead her to IST's executive director's office. The lights of the room is off and the door is closed. The director did not come to the office today.

The conversation she heard last night runs through her head. Who knows what would those sasaengs will do once they got an access backstage. It's risky.

Haeun walked back to her office and close her laptop. She took her bag and ran to the elevator. She pressed the ground floor button heading to the parking lot. She looked at her reflection from the elevator's door.

'It's time to be Red again.'

***

The elevator door opened and Red stepped outside. Her red copper colored wavy hair, black turtleneck, leather pants and jacket paired with black boots made her look like one of the idols roaming around the hallways of a music show venue.

Her dark shades of make up and black face mask added a bold touch to her overall look. She walked through the hallway like she's the one performing in a few hours.

She came as Haeun that gave her a quick pass to enter the building, but she changed herself to Red.

No one suspected her presence. Staffs walking and running around, all busy to even care about her. That gave Red an advantage. The last thing she wants is for someone to question her why she's there.

Red's eyes are alert and looking around, searching for the three familiar faces of sasaengs. But they are nowhere to be found.

While walking, she reached The Boyz waiting room. She stopped in front of their door. She wants to see them but she can't just enter. She's dressed as Red, not Haeun.

She could only stand there and stare at the door. Then suddenly, the doorknob twisted.

Red started to panic. But before she could even react, the door swung open.

It was opened by Sangyeon who looked at her with a puzzled face. For a second, Sangyeon thought she's an idol but then he realized they are not in a music show.

"Excuse me, but, who are you?" he asked Red.

She didn't respond. Red slowly turned around and walked away. But before she did, she caught a glimpse of Jacob looking at her from inside the room. Even from afar, Red could see the surprise on his face. He recognized her.

As she turned to an empty hallway, her pace got quicker. Obviously, she's anxious that Sangyeon or Jacob might follow her.

She was about to run when she saw the emergency exit. She opened the door and just stood there. Red realized she was holding her breath the whole time and now she's trying to catch it.

The tension of meeting The Boyz as Red is more intense than meeting them as Haeun.

***

For a moment, Sangyeon thought Red was an idol, but then he realized they are not in a music show venue.

So, who is she?

It took a minute for Sangyeon to realize that it was Red. Her red copper hair reminded him of who she is. But he was too late to react, Red was already out of sight.